"The Last Year of My Youth" on its way?

Pretty self-explanatory
cldirani

"The Last Year of My Youth" on its way?

Post by cldirani »

Hello there everybody

Relatively new in the forum, but I've been following all the great topics for ages

My post goes like this:When I learned EC was going to release an album with such background, it immediately occurred to me for some reason, that we'd be finally getting on The Boy Named If the studio version of of the great "The Last Year Of My Youth", which I loved from the moment he did at the Ed Sullivan's Theatre.

So what do you think of that?

How about this song as a bonus or digital download in the near future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvd_mejpWQc

later,

Claudio Dirani
Top balcony

Re: "The Last Year of My Youth" on its way?

Post by Top balcony »

Hi there - that's a great shout - I'd certainly welcome the opportunity to have this on vinyl.
cldirani

Post by cldirani »

Top balcony wrote:Hi there - that's a great shout - I'd certainly welcome the opportunity to have this on vinyl.

Thanks for responding
At the moment I saw EC performing, I was hopeful it'd be out...Since then, he's already on his third album and no ghost of the song!
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

It's funny, I can't quite get a handle on this song - certainly from this performance. There's a kind of tumbledown ramshackle shape to it that I can't quite latch onto. Some great lyrics though - especially the one about lying about your age, so that by now 'I'm younger than you'.
geebot

Post by geebot »

Much like "45" marked that milestone in his life this song marked his transition to 60. The new album is on a somewhat different theme.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Neil. wrote:It's funny, I can't quite get a handle on this song - certainly from this performance. There's a kind of tumbledown ramshackle shape to it that I can't quite latch onto. Some great lyrics though - especially the one about lying about your age, so that by now 'I'm younger than you'.
Really? I love everything about this performance. Certainly a little rough around the edges, but thats what I suppose I like most about it. The guitar is scorching and then gets quiet, the lyrics are great, and performed solo makes it all the better. Just wouldn't have the edge if he had a band playing with him. Elvis' buggy eyes also add an intensity to the performance. I think its one of his best TV talk show appearances of the last 20 years.
cldirani

Post by cldirani »

geebot wrote:Much like "45" marked that milestone in his life this song marked his transition to 60. The new album is on a somewhat different theme.

Thanks for chiming in
Yes, you're right, The theme is not the same, but I was thinking he could add this as a bonus, at least, since we talk about younger ages.

best
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Let us not forget...there was the brilliant live Letterman performance version....and then a few weeks later came the tamer, slower take. Lucky to see both played live at a two night Carnegie Hall stand. I choose the more rocking Letterman version... a FANTASTIC tune!