Elvis interview with Rolling Stone Deutschland, January 12, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
Man out of Time

Elvis interview with Rolling Stone Deutschland, January 12, 2022

Post by Man out of Time »

Elvis gave an interview with Markus Brandstetter of Rolling Stone Germany, which was posted on YouTube on January 12th. The subject, is The Boy Named If, but also "How To Play The Guitar And Y".

You can watch it here:

This may be of general interest, as the interview is in English, rather than German.

MOOT
taramasalata

Re: Elvis interview with Rolling Stone Deutschland, January 12, 2022

Post by taramasalata »

Man out of Time wrote:Elvis gave an interview with Markus Brandstetter of Rolling Stone Germany, which was posted on YouTube on January 12th. The subject, is The Boy Named If, but also "How To Play The Guitar And Y".

You can watch it here:

This may be of general interest, as the interview is in English, rather than German.

MOOT

Thanks, MOOT, for putting the focus back again to this great interview, that I already did praise a week ago (when I still couldn't imagine myself how wonderful not just the 3 songs mentioned but the whole sequence of songs fits in a mind-blowing way, terrific record!):
taramasalata wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Interview with Rolling Stone Deutschland: https://youtu.be/oW91_pghKWs
While still being unusually reluctant to fall in love with the 3 songs that have already been released (and I really would wish to!
"OK Farewell" being a perfectly appropriate kick in the arse of 2020-song when being released on New Year's Eve 12 months ago...and being more quickly forgotten than that damn year :cry:, never thought it would reappear as the opening song of his next record), I'm very curious about TBNI, the more so when reading all these rave reviews from all over the world.

But what a kind, sensitive, heartwarming interview!

We all know that sometimes he can be a bit lengthy ... especially in interviews, when he keeps talking on and on.. incessantly.
But we know too that it can be fascinating to listen to his thoughts evolve, let him put them in well-chosen, precise words, sometimes sharp as a chainsaw, other times tender as a rose.

And this interview is one of these treasures: Among all this promotion routine, he's still capable in letting himself touch (and touch us listeners) by going back through his life, by talking about first guitar chords, about painting on a tablet computer in company of his mother's agony, about Pete's drumming the new beats on his old Gretsch kit down in the basement and and
and, still in 2022, calling a great ABBA tune a great ABBA tune when there is a surprisingly great new one.

Talking as intimate as we would be sitting with him in his living room.

And in the next moment saying goodbye to the interviewer as professionally as ever with a routinely "see you next time".

This guy is so full of spirit, passion, dedication, life, LOVE, it's amazing.

While I always had admired him for his way with words, I love him nowadays even more so for not having to use them (sometimes) as a defense to but as an embrace of the world.
He really seems to have becoming quite a happy person, very much at ease with his life and its offerings.