Elvis quasi announces summer tour at night one Gramercy

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Elvis quasi announces summer tour at night one Gramercy

Post by bronxapostle »

He just loves egging us on. He's already worried about the 5th or 6th set of appearances coming along. :D :D What a guy!! I want the bill to be with PRETENDERS this summer.
DeathWearsABigHat

Re: Elvis quasi announces summer tour at night one Gramercy

Post by DeathWearsABigHat »

What tour dates are these then?

Pretenders currently doing a tour of very small Uk venues, saw them at Deaf Institute in Manchester last weekend. Chrissie’s voice is still just so great & the musicians she’s got up onstage with here are fantastic (the 3 of them are also in their own band called His Lordship)

I’m not a Pretenders fanatic like I am with Elvis so I only really know the albums up to the mid 80s so the highlights for me were Time The Avenger, Kid, Message Of Love, Back On The Chain Gang and what I think is their most Costello-like song Talk Of The Town.

Some photos / video from Mrs Deathwearsabighat here.

https://twitter.com/weareallants/status ... wnhuZ4ZdbA
"trust the wizards, here we go" http://www.trustthewizards.com
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I remember Elvis doing the full version of Kid in Basingstoke. I don’t think he ever did it again although he previously used to tack a verse on the end of Oliver’s Army. No chance of that ever happening again :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
JerseyPride78

Post by JerseyPride78 »

I'm really hoping that the newly resurrected songs from the Gramercy run make their way into the Imposters' setlists for the coming tour dates.
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

JerseyPride78 wrote:I'm really hoping that the newly resurrected songs from the Gramercy run make their way into the Imposters' setlists for the coming tour dates.
That would be swell! After all these years, I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of Hoover Factory in Montclair.
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?