Elvis following Dylan tour

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Elvis following Dylan tour

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Elvis sitting on the aisle about 10 rows back tonight at the Dylan show in Newark. This is the fourth time he’s seen the show this leg of Bob’s tour (that we know of). Someone said he was taken backstage after tonight.

Dave
sulky lad

Re: Elvis following Dylan tour

Post by sulky lad »

FAVEHOUR wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:54 pm Elvis sitting on the aisle about 10 rows back tonight at the Dylan show in Newark. This is the fourth time he’s seen the show this leg of Bob’s tour (that we know of). Someone said he was taken backstage after tonight.

Dave
Was it good , Dave?
Glad you got to go and see Bob again - at least I’m supposing you were there ! :wink:
whiteknux

Post by whiteknux »

Several reports over at expectingrain.com talk about how genial and gracious Elvis and Diana have been to various members of the audience who have approached them at the Dylan shows.

Someone said they were seated in the same row as Patti Smith and her band last night, and that they were pretty sure Jimmy Iovine was with them as well. Hope Iovine sitting near Elvis wasn't too awkward!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

https://eu.app.com/story/entertainment/ ... 666697007/

Bob Dylan looks sharp, salutes Jersey greats at 'Rough and Rowdy Ways' NJPAC show: Review

Bob Dylan was the best dressed man in Newark on Nov. 20.

The occasion was his Rough and Rowdy Ways Tour at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. The American music legend wore a black casual suit with matching white embroidery on the jacket and pants. He topped off the look with a white stingy brim bowler.

Dylan, 82, looked dashing. The problem was he sat and sometimes stood behind a piano, so his ensemble was hidden for most of the night. This was so Dylan: obscuring, teasing, proclaiming and vexing. The wordsmith has been beguiling, and entertaining, audiences for more than 60 years — and Monday's show demonstrated that his creative spirit still soars.

“I ain't no false prophet, I just know what I know,” sang Dylan on the new track, “False Prophet,” from his 2020 critical hit, “Rough and Rowdy Ways.” The setlist for Monday's show was composed primarily of “Rough and Rowdy Ways" songs, and in Newark the autobiographical elements of the songs were notable.

On “False Prophet,” Dylan seemed to be deflecting his status as a counter-culture prophet, a reputation that started for him in the early 1960s.

He's been a rolling stone these past six decades

“I've traveled a long road of despair, I've met no other traveler there,” sang Dylan on “I've Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You” from “Rough and Rowdy.” He held a singing note at one point in the song that also traveled a long road, with seemingly no final destination. Dylan's voice is extra creeky these days, but it rang, unvarnished, with a time-worn authenticity.

The night also featured a few songs from his latest album, “Shadow Kingdom,” a collection of rearranged versions of earlier songs. The album track, “When I Paint My Masterpiece,” had a fun country swing feeling thanks to Donnie Herron's hot sawing on the fiddle — and things became hotter thanks to Dylan's nimble piano picking.

Dylan, as he did from time to time, stood up at the piano as he played “I'll Be Your Baby Tonight,” a real hoot that seemed to borrow from Roy Head's “Treat Her Right” after an extended intro. Dylan stood up and banged away at the piano keys as the room rocked before the blues breakdown that ended the song.

It was Dylan being Dylan, especially with the lack of hits on Monday. No “Like a Rolling Stone” or “Blowin' in the Wind.” The faithful at NJPAC, which included Patti Smith and Elvis Costello, didn't seem to mind as they were locked in for the hour and a half performance, which sounded pristine.

By “Goodbye Jimmy Reed,” the next to last song of the set, many were standing in the aisles next to the stage, moving to the music.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

whiteknux wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:45 am Several reports over at expectingrain.com talk about how genial and gracious Elvis and Diana have been to various members of the audience who have approached them at the Dylan shows.

Someone said they were seated in the same row as Patti Smith and her band last night, and that they were pretty sure Jimmy Iovine was with them as well. Hope Iovine sitting near Elvis wasn't too awkward!
Elvis was actually a row behind Patti. She was in the middle of her row but EC sat on the aisle in the 10th row. Not shy.

dave
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

sulky lad wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:57 am
FAVEHOUR wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:54 pm Elvis sitting on the aisle about 10 rows back tonight at the Dylan show in Newark. This is the fourth time he’s seen the show this leg of Bob’s tour (that we know of). Someone said he was taken backstage after tonight.

Dave
Was it good , Dave?
Glad you got to go and see Bob again - at least I’m supposing you were there ! :wink:
It was really good. Thanks.

dave