i never

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Noise,

Unfortunately I directed Glengarry Glen Ross as my senior project back in 2000, otherwise I'd totally cast you as Roma, man.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

"You child."

Or perhaps it was some other c word.

That's a hell of a compliment. Thanks!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I never got taken in quite like this before.
Extreme Honey

Post by Extreme Honey »

noiseradio wrote:You are a complete fucking moron. First, I'm not a southerner. i live in the south, but was raised on the east coast. Second, it has nothing at all to do with American pride. It has to do with thinking the words are beautiful. I feel the same way every time I read the Sermon on the Mount or when I read read Solzhenitsyn or when I watch Schindler's List. It's an emotional reaction to the hope that springs eternal in the human heart, even in the face of unspeakable brutality and oppression. And if the fact that I could be capable of being moved every time I hear it really bothers you that much, then you're not just a fucking moron, you're a heartless fucking moron. You're not a dickhead because you don't cry. You're a dickhead because you say dickead things on this board all the fucking time. And I didn't call you a dickhead to defend King's speech. I called you a dickhead because you're a dickhead.

Now, could you fucking drop it?
Honestly, I was expecting something to post back on, but this is just dumb. Just because you call me a f*cking moron and yadda-yadda-yadda dosn't mean you're right. However your last sentence was valuable. I'm better off just forgetting this, and putting it right next to my handy MLK speech.
Preacher was a talkin' there's a sermon he gave,
He said every man's conscience is vile and depraved,
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it's you who must keep it satisfied
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I will never get over my thing for musicians.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Extreme Honey wrote: Just because you call me a f*cking moron and yadda-yadda-yadda dosn't mean you're right.
I didn't call you a f*cking moron and yadda-yadda-yadda. I called you a fucking moron and a dickhead. (I just hate being misquoted.)

And it's not because I called you one that I'm right. It's because it's true that I'm right.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

miss buenos aires wrote:I will never get over my thing for musicians.
All musicians or specific types?

Did you ever get a hold of Rain Dogs. In which case, have you tangoed till you're sore yet?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Actually, Otis, a musician once gave me a copy of Rain Dogs for my birthday. So there you go. Tangoing until sore: no comment.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I never learned to ice skate when I was a kid. Tried it for the first time last year - painful - and then again this afternoon at Bear Mountain State Park's outdoor skating rink. Much better today and only one fall. I'm getting there.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick