Miss BA's AYISS Sucking On Their Glasses Gallery

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Sadly don't know enough about Roach (although I've always enjoyed his name!), where to start?
His work with Clifford Brown - so either the 2-disc compilation I mentioned earlier (the second disc of which contains a variety of incredible work Roach did with other musicians after Brownie's death), or this (the single disc release that noise owns)...

Both are on Verve.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

My eye doctor told me that I had warped my eyeballs, because I'd been needing reading glasses for years before I actually got them. I read about some kind of contacts that you sleep in that reshape your eyeballs, so I'm giving that some thought, but it sounds more than a little uncomfortable. I mostly need them for driving and watching my kids play sports, so prescription sunglass work most of the time, all tho' I'm sure I looked like old and sad when I sat thru an evening outdoor concert in them. (I forgot the regular ones, ok?)
Like me, the "g" is silent.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: about Roach (although I've always enjoyed his name!), where to start?

Would you recommend LASIK surgery? A friend who had it put me off for life by describing it in close detail, but I could be tempted. The contact lens routine is auto-pilot for me, but I wouldn't mind dropping it. And the sensation of waking in the night and being able to see properly must be fun!
Get it. It's so great to wake up and be able to see. And it was virtually painless. The only discomfort I felt was afterward, and it was no worse than the sensation of having dry eyes. Eye drops made everything just fine. It was less uncomfortable than when I put n contact lenses for the first time. It's fantastic.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

noiseradio wrote:It's so great to wake up and be able to see. And it was virtually painless. The only discomfort I felt was afterward, and it was no worse than the sensation of having dry eyes. Eye drops made everything just fine. It was less uncomfortable than when I put n contact lenses for the first time. It's fantastic.

I'm very, very jealous of you for this. As soon as I have the cash to spare, this is a top priority.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

I saved up for it for a year. Worth every penny.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

My friend described having his eyeball squidged about in the most revolting way, maybe the technology's moved on. I'm waiting for it on the NHS, no way I could afford to save up for it.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

noiseradio wrote:Image
This picture just invites captions...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Glasses, what do you mean, glasses? Oh yeah, she is wearing glasses, I just hadn't noticed.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

--William Shakespeare
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Thank. You. So. Much.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?