He's a genius

Pretty self-explanatory
LessThanZero

He's a genius

Post by LessThanZero »

"A leaves falling off the trees, rainy day kind of album..."

Written and will be released in the autumn, I couldn't be more excited. To me, the Fall is the most romantic, beautiful, amazing time of year.

Last weekend, the temperature dropped a little, college football kicked off and I got REALLY in the mood for autumn, and for NORTH!

He's a genius.

Since this post is "He's a genius", tell me why else he is!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
Sour Milk Cow

Re: He's a genius

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

LessThanZero wrote:Since this post is "He's a genius", tell me why else he is!
my aim is true this years model armed forces get happy trust almost blue imperial bedroom punch the clock goodbye cruel world king of america blood & chocolate spike kojak variety mighty like a rose the juliet letters brutal youth all this useless beauty painted from memory when i was cruel NORTH NORTH NORTH!!!

so there's that. plus tack on a pretty amazing bonus disc for each one, give or take. That's about 40 cds worth of genius. Not to mention all the great live shows that are out there for the taking (official, like El Mocambo, and not so official, like buddy holly on acid), all the uncollected "guest appearances" and tribute albums. all the great covers by other artists. albums he's produced. orchestral stuff for soundtracks.

and out of all that, the stuff that people would point to as the "low points"-- say, goodbye cruel world or almost blue, for instance-- are not bad albums, or embarrassments, just slightly flawed in ways that take them down a few notches from his usual standard. But they're still albums I listen to! He hasn't made a single album that he would need to be ashamed of, and given his output, that's pretty spectacular.

in the world of popular music, he's got a record that's damn near unapproachable in terms of quality. even a genius like dylan has a pretty big batch of albums which are unmitigated failures. and it's doubtful that the beatles (who never made a bad record) would have been able to carry on as long as EC has without stumbling, if their solo output is any indication.

what's really exciting about this is thinking about what the next 5 albums are going to be like. He still has so much enthusiasm for making music, and there's no sign of him slowing down.

you're right: he's a genius
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

YOU'RE SO RIGHT!

My 400 disc cd player used to have a majority of Beatles albums...but with all of these bonus discs, it's getting pretty close!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.