Mike Booms World Tour

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mike Boom

Mike Booms World Tour

Post by Mike Boom »

Well - London-Dublin-LA-Dallas arrive London 15th November

Anyone whos around and keen for a beer let me know - and any of our infamous Dublin residents who know how to beg borrow or steal a ticket (or three) for Dylan or Fleetwood Mac at the Point let me know!

If the Bobster is about on or around 21 Nov - I might even be able to sneak out of the airport for a beer or ten in deepest darkest Hollywood.

:shock:
bobster

Post by bobster »

Mike --

I'll definitely save the date -- but you're only going to be in L.A. for a single night (airport layover) or whatever, and you're staying in Dallas?

I mean, I know it's the home of Oliver's Army and this isn't just the jealousy speaking but, you know, we kind of have a few attractions in this neck of the giant-sized U.S.A. as well. Just doing my bit for local tourism!

Also, you should know the airport is about a 30 minute drive at best and usually more like an 45 minutes to an hour by car from my neck of the woods. So, it might be difficult for you to get down here. I can meet you at the airport, though.

Well, I'm no travel agent, but go ahead and E-mail me if you've still got the address, otherwise, send me a private message!

Looking forward to beers (possibly not as good as you're used to!).
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I'm not even from L.A., and I'll tell you that it's definitely worth a week :D
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I'm trying to get to those shows too.

Let's Hang!!!

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

bobster wrote:Looking forward to beers (possibly not as good as you're used to!).
I think the only safe way to put it is, "Looking forward to what passes for beer in the Colonies. You may want to go for the hard stuff, or else develop a taste for water."
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

EXACTLY why you need to make a stop north of the border, Mike Boom :D
bobster

Post by bobster »

I should pause and say that the U.S. in general, and California in particular, produces many fine microbrews and "boutique" beers. And the better bars often stock Harp and sometimes even Guinness on tap. However, I sort of doubt that the airport bars are "better"! In which case, you'll have to try some of our lovely mass market domestic brews, which are basically yellow mineral water with an attidude.

Just doing my part for our embattled state's economy. (In fact, it's a shame Mike can't come here six weeks earlier with about 40,000 other affluent New Zealanders and thereby prevent help Arnold the Barbarian from taking over our state by pumping up the economy through the purchase of expensive imported and boutique beers!)
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Ha!
Well its more a "meet friends" sort of tour than a "see places" sort of thang hence the probably oddball itinary (however you spell it). I will send you an email Bobster - havent finalised things yet - may even be an overnight in LA not sure yet. Anyhose - Im not a beer Nazi - but hell - dont they have Macs Gold in LA?
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

P.S Blue - Aint there enough people heading North these days?? :shock:
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

well, you could always head south. I keep repeating that I live 20 minutes from the moonshine and marijuana capital of Tennessee. 8) And LA--isn't that Lower Alabama?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
bobster

Post by bobster »

What's Mac's Gold? (See, there's you're answer.)

Reminds me of the joke that one of the Pythons told "me" and 80,000 other people at the Hollywood Bowl.

Q: "How is making love like American beer?"
A: "They're both f***king close to water!"