town hall pre-gaming invitation

Pretty self-explanatory
miss buenos aires

town hall pre-gaming invitation

Post by miss buenos aires »

What: A pre-concert get-together

Who: You! Anyone with tickets to one or both Town Hall shows

When: September 22 and 24, 6:30 pm (too early?)

Where: Rudy's Bar & Grill
627 Ninth Ave (44th & 9th)

Why: Because I'd very much like to meet you.

Please let me know if you're interested, because I won't go if I don't think anyone else is going, I'm lemminglike in that way. Password is: "Excuse me, don't I know you from somewhere?"

How to find me: I look sort of like this

Monday, I'll be wearing an orange paisley Chinese-inspired gown, and Wednesday, a blue dress with a purple satin sash that goes right underneath the boobs. Even if you can't come to Rudy's, if you see me at the concert, come up and say hi, I'll be friendly.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Looking good, Ms. BA. I'd love to accept your invitation but alas I'm a million miles away... from even the closest regular poster. :cry:
tart

Post by tart »

I will be there around 6:30 :)
tart

Post by tart »

I'm now not certain I will be able to go tonight.Last evening I developed a fever and I'm still pretty sick.I'm headed to the pharmacy fo a cure. :cry:
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Miss BA - how is it that you know well in advance what you're wearing? It's unheard of. Or is it just Mrs VG that says she hasn't got a thing to wear and decides about 5 minutes before we're due to go out?!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Bambi-I was going to mention you specifically, but thought other people might feel left out.

Tart-Feel better!

Verbal-Now that I have a real job, I can't wear any of my favorite clothes. The deprivation makes me daydream about what I'm going to wear, and plan out my going-out outfits days in advance.

The rest of you-Ingrates, see if I ever invite you anywhere again. Harumph.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Miss Ba Humbug :) - I'm sorry I couldn't make your party, how about meeting in London before the Royal Festival Hall gig?
signed with love and vicious kisses
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

... or in Newcastle before The Opera House ??
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Pov

Post by Pov »

Well, Miss BA, unfortunately I can't make it. Turns out my wife is going with me tonite after all (YEAH!) but I have to meet her at Grand Central at 7 (aww :( ). Going all the way over to 9th Ave is probably not in the cards. Maybe we'll see you at the show. Look for the hen-pecked looking 40 year old in the blue shirt whose vivacious wife is complaining about something. That'll be me :D
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

i'll be at the wednesday show with my husband in tow but it's going to be tight getting into the city for us (kids, school, etc to take care of) ( and which is why we'll also probably not hang around after to have a bite or whatever.)
it'll be wild looking around at the crowd knowing you're all out there some where and wondering who each of you might be.
unfortunately i tend to be more like mrs. VG in that i have no idea what i'll be wearing (most likely black) and i'll be with my husband. we'll be the people that are together but not speaking to eachother.
besides all that, you'll know it's me by my 'big hair' (so i've been told) a nest of long, dark, unruly curls.
(yeah, some friends of ours were at a Penn State football game a few weeks ago and we were there too. we knew we were both going to be there but didn't come together and didn't know exactly where eachothers seats were, but she informed me that her daughter had picked me out of a crowd of 100, 000+ through her binoculars by my hair.
oh. wow!) :shock:
I'm not angry anymore....