iTunes version of Spike 'missing one track'

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

iTunes version of Spike 'missing one track'

Post by johnfoyle »

I wonder which track is referred to ?

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB ... in_tff_top

(extract)

And while Apple has made it a practice to seek out new artists, iTunes still has glaring gaps in its inventory. The best known is the absence of anything by the Beatles and much of the band members' subsequent solo recordings -- a situation that stemmed partially from a trademark dispute between Apple and the band's Apple Corps Ltd. record label. (Apple has said it's hopeful it will get the Beatles on iTunes following a recent settlement between the company and Apple Corps.) Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Radiohead, too, haven't licensed their music to the service. And due to licensing issues, some albums are sold minus one or more songs. Elvis Costello's "Spike," from 1989, is missing one track, while only three songs from the J. Geils Band's 1972 "Full House 'Live'" are available on iTunes.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

"Miss Macbeth" is missing from the track listing for some reason (on the US store, anyway).
Miss Macbeth

Post by Miss Macbeth »

What's up with that? !!!!!!!! :x
"Did you ever think there's far too many people in the world"?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I could have sworn iTunes used to offer the whole album (the non-Rhino version).

The one Rhino release available on iTunes, The Juliet Letters, is missing "Lost in the Stars," the one track on that release which is owned by EC.
Masterpiece?

Post by Masterpiece? »

How does EC own a track written by Kurt Weill? Or are you commenting on his great performance of it? (It's Friday, I've got one frontal lobe out the door)
Everybody's hiding under covers... who's making Lover's Lane safe again for lovers?"
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

I mean he owns the rights to the recording. If you read the fine print in the booklet, all the other tracks are owned by Warner Bros. or licensed from other record companies. "Lost in the Stars" is licensed from Elvis Costello.
Masterpiece?

Post by Masterpiece? »

Wow. Interesting...even when I buy CDs these days, the music goes straight to the iPod, so liner notes are something I don't always read right away. Bad habit to pick up, I think...
Everybody's hiding under covers... who's making Lover's Lane safe again for lovers?"
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Miss Macbeth wrote:What's up with that? !!!!!!!! :x
Even a scapegoat must have someone to hate!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?