Dubya gives away groceries!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
laughingcrow

Dubya gives away groceries!

Post by laughingcrow »

Hee hee...this trickster deserves a pat on the back. I hope he enjoys his free groceries!

Hunt for trickster with George Bush bank notes

Police in the US are searching for a man who paid for his groceries with a forged 200 dollar bank note bearing the image of President George W Bush.
A cashier accepted the bill, which also showed a picture of the White House, with signs on the lawn including "we like ice cream" and "USA deserves a tax cut".
Police were startled the note was accepted because it was so blatantly fake Mr Bush does not appear on any US bills and the US Mint does not even print such a denomination.
The imitation was marked as "moral legal tender" and also bore a counterfeit signature of former President Ronald Reagan who was described as "Political Mentor".
The man used the forgery to pay for groceries worth 150 dollars at the Food Lion store in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. The note was discovered on September 6.

miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Poor cashier. Must have gotten so fired.
HungupStrungup

Post by HungupStrungup »

Does that mean my Dick Cheney $3.50 notes are no good? The Halliburton oil rigs on the back and the legend "In tax cuts we trust" were what convinced me they were from the US Treasury.

I took a bunch of them in change when I bought my "guaranteed not to ignite" US flag, suitable for running up the pole or draping across the coffin of an Army Reservist returning from Iraq.
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"