I'm off to work!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

today is not Oily Slick's birthday.

but let's all wish him a good one anyway!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

a very merry unbirthday to you, oily!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Didn't we just do this? Many happy returns, Oily.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I thought the redundancy was just so apropos.

I really need to get out more.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

It is. Maybe we could do it on a bi-monthly basis.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

good idea. I need to keep my post count up. and maybe one of the artsy folks could make a Happy UnBirthday, OS! banner that could rotate with elvis and his monkeys.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Just ate lunch and trying to figure out if that is Carrie Fisher hosting Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Nah, it's one of the women from The View
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Really? (Pause, beat) I did not know that.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Meredith Viera. She's actually kind of hot, in a warmly nurturing, maternal sort of a way.

Disturbing Freudian stuff aside, I can clearly state that I'd rather sleep with her than Regis.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I had a boring day...quiet, uneventful, same old same old...oh well, there's always tommorrow.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, still nursing all the bumps and bruises from falling down the basement stairs. Doc is picking up dinner again so I don't have to cook. But I still look as though I have been pimp slapped.

I'll have to remember to hand over ALL the money I make next time so I don't get beat up again. 8)
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Goody2Shoes wrote:I had my annual visit to my very hot gynecologist this morning, and am pleased to report that my uterus and ovaries are in tip-top shape.
That's great news...now you can try the famous "Bricklayer Hand" technique. :lol:
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I'm hurting a bit today, as I analysed some things in the shower (almost the only time I have alone with time to think), I realized that I have a great fear of commitment and distance myself from purity in the traditional sense of the word, even though I'm a softy at heart.

I thought about my "innocent days", when I was pretty happily married, living in San Francisco, (where my 4 best high school buddies were living) making coin as a stock broker, enjoying the luxury of living in an apartment in the sqeaky clean Marina District with a view of Alcatraz. I also remember that my wife allowed me to be totally free and do whatever I wanted and she trusted me and I trusted her. I had always been a guy who loved hanging out with his friends, a group who were always pushing the envelope, but never crossed the line. Somewhere, I realized that my wife was in reality not some body who gave me a bunch of freedom but emotionally distant and obsessed with order and perfection, things that she took care of while I was having fun. Somewhere along the line, I realized this and became bored with the mundane and spiraled out of control in a way and become sceptical and bitter. Especially when I moved to her country, in an effort to please her, only to face huge personal obstacles and lose a part of my identity. In the process of reinventing my self in order to adapt, something went askew, not allowing me to ever feel secure or trust the sanctity of a relationship, and always on the lookout for the selfishness of my partner. I'm a self destructive fuck in reality. Destroy that which bindes you, destroy things that will hold you in place and "trap" you. Heavy shower realization. :lol:
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Sad story.
The good thing about Denmark (these days) it that if you didn't live here you wouldn't attend an EC concert this Saturday :)
I'm not buying my share of souvenirs
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

VON..I love Denmark and I enjoy living here. I have a lot of freedom and can be myself without too much hassle. There are so many good things about Denmark that anyone who gives it a try can make it, if they put the effort in and do the work of learning the laungage and has a positive attitude. There are way too many foreigners here who piss and moan, but do nothing to improve there cultrual capital or give anything to the Society. I don't go around expecting Denmark to be like America, I respect that I need to be more Danish in order to function and get the most out of life. In a way, it has made me a MUCH more interesting and capable person.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

good point, Cope. I just wish that the government worked through the middle instead of using cheep tricks like "Dansk Folkparti" and scare the shit out of people with the "dangerous" foreigners. Most Danes talking about too many muslims in the country don't know any. They live in smaller cities and in the country. Trust me - i grew up in Vestjylland :)
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

VON..yes..racism is a big problem here.....but I have to say that while many people here also are kind of anti American and sceptical, when they get to know me they are quite nice and pleasantly suprised that I'm actually ok. :lol: It's always a work in progress, and if you do the work and don't fear discrimination, then you probably will make it here. But you do indeed have to drop the chip on your shoulder and be humble, and try to fit in and adopt the local customs.
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

like eating tre-stjernet salami med remoulade og ristede løg :)
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

VON exactly! :lol: eller Dyrlægens natmad :lol:
VonOfterdingen

Post by VonOfterdingen »

Speak of the devil! I'll go eat some Rugbrød with Leverpostej and beetroots
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I've been at work for 53 minutes, and already want to go home.

*sigh*
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I just started a rumor that Bobster was dead.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm still in pain all over. Is it too early for drugs?
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

spooky girlfriend wrote:I'm still in pain all over. Is it too early for drugs?
I just read Spooky's post where she asks if it's too early for drugs and thought to myself "Like party girl ever needed an excuse to get high!"