Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

A brilliant afternoon all round (apart from sodding Fantasy and Thierry proving to be a huge mistake, but then I did sell waster Terry in order to afford him!). I love Graham Poll! I love Jose's comments on Graham Poll! 'Only Graham Poll knows why he disallowed a goal and sent off John Terry.'
Nice 20th anniversary presents for cuddly Alex from all and sundry.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:A brilliant afternoon all round (apart from sodding Fantasy and Thierry proving to be a huge mistake, but then I did sell waster Terry in order to afford him!). I love Graham Poll! I love Jose's comments on Graham Poll! 'Only Graham Poll knows why he disallowed a goal and sent off John Terry.'
Nice 20th anniversary presents for cuddly Alex from all and sundry.
Graham Poll works in mysterious ways. Don't start celebrating just yet Otis!

Small consolation, but it was nice to see Maka score a cracker - or should that be "cracka"?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

What can I say apart from - WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM YAHOOOOO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Some lovely play there, but what a strange weekend in terms of dodgy penalties, penalties that should have happened (Petrov's 'teapot'!), and weird squabbling. Having now seen it, yes, Chelsea were robbed of Drogba's goal and the sending off was absurd. Rooney was diving shamelessly. It's all helped give us a 10-goal difference. Pretty impressive. The Mighty Ferg can wake in the morning and reflect it hasn't been a bad 20 years and here he is, still the best in the game, with a three-point lead and a handsome goal difference. 8 Prems, could this be the 9th?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

In yer face Mourinho!! Now to make Wenger cry....... :lol:

WSS: Do I smell the aroma of sour grapes over there Sammy old thing? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I've been away for a few days, but WSS.....dear oh dear.....I thought you were above the SLL/Smelly Fishy Fingers kind of excuses.....best side won, plain and simple. 8)
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Quote from Ashley Cole:

"With my booking, I said to him, 'I'm more than 10 yards. Why should I go back if I am more than 10 yards?'

"And he said, 'Because I said so.' I said, 'But I'm more than 10 yards', and that was it. Yellow card. No warning or explanation.

"I'm not moaning, I'm really not, but we shouldn't lose a game like that."

Missing the point aren't you Master Cole?

Should we be surprised? Spoilt mulit-millionaire prima donna prat/brat that he is. It's always someone else's fault with our Ashley. :roll: Nothing is ever his fault......no no, it wasn't he that lost his man and got turned inside out by Aaron Lennon....no sirreee! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

GP: "Hey...John....which one would you like" :lol: :lol:

JT: "Fuck off Poll you twat, I'm a rich Chelsea footballer and you're not allowed to send me off"

corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I've been away for a few days, but WSS.....dear oh dear.....I thought you were above the SLL/Smelly Fishy Fingers kind of excuses.....best side won, plain and simple. 8)
Then why are you down there in mid-table? Or do you mean "best side on the day"? I'm not even sure I'd necessarily agree with that. You were on the ropes early and that disallowed Drogba goal was a big let-off. Then Robben hit the bar at the end when he should have scored. You didn't exactly walk it - even with 11 v 10.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

No sympathy with greedy Cole but Poll is a shit ref, always has been but he seems to be getting further up his own arse all the time. Get rid of him.

p.s. Jackson smells
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Well, it's only the Carling Cup, but damn it's nice to see Southend pissing in Otis' punchbowl.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Utd had a fairly strong looking team out as well, no Scholes or Saha but Roo & Ron both played. I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow as well I strongly dislike the competition and want it to be downgraded.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Maybe they should just exclude Premier League clubs (or anyone involved in European competitions) and let the rest of them get on with it. It's ridiculous how many fixtures some of these clubs are playing, not to mention national team matches.
Otis Westinghouse

Speechless. Winning it was better than nothing, and while we can have high hopes of at least a good fight in the Prem, there's a long way to go yet. Better the CC than fuck all, I say. And the insult to King Alex as he commences his third decade!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:I've been away for a few days, but WSS.....dear oh dear.....I thought you were above the SLL/Smelly Fishy Fingers kind of excuses.....best side won, plain and simple. 8)
Then why are you down there in mid-table? Or do you mean "best side on the day"? I'm not even sure I'd necessarily agree with that. You were on the ropes early and that disallowed Drogba goal was a big let-off. Then Robben hit the bar at the end when he should have scored. You didn't exactly walk it - even with 11 v 10.
Well, of course I meant 'on the day' Sam. We'll have to agree to differ on that.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow as well I strongly dislike the competition and want it to be downgraded.
:lol: :lol:

Nothing like covering yourself is there SLL!??

I too hope that you lose tonight, so at least we have something in common! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Tottenham- 3 Port Vale - 1 *singing* And the Spurs go marching on........ :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Drogs bags a hat trick and adds an assist. Glad I named him as captain! Nice way to start the weekend!
Otis Westinghouse

Damn, all the weeks I had Sheva, and then the brief Drog interlude. And now I have Henry! He'd better deliver tomorrow. Meanwhile, MU break a 6-season winning drought at Ewood and preserve the lead. Nice stuff.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

"You've got your Tottenham back!"

Normal service is resumed, etc.

The brown kit was appropriate. :lol:
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Reading- 3 Tottenham- 1 *singing* And the Royals go marching on on on, and Spurs' unbeaten run has gone gone gone.

3-0 to the gooners makes it a double whammy day!!!
Otis Westinghouse

But shit points again for sodding Henry. Grrrr. This really isn't working out right.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:Reading- 3 Tottenham- 1 *singing* And the Royals go marching on on on, and Spurs' unbeaten run has gone gone gone.

3-0 to the gooners makes it a double whammy day!!!
Arrrr...the predictability of an SLL appearance on the footie thread :roll:

No sign of you last week was there! :lol:

For the record, I thought Arse were excellent yesterday and I still think they'll be challenging Manure and Chelski come the run in. Liverpool have no chance. They are so average.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SLL: Your singing and your poetry like your team is shite! :lol:

We had a big family get together this weekend and there were 4 generations of lifelong staunch Tottenham supporters there. My uncle was discussing football with a friend who is also a spurs fan and will not say the word 'arsenal' - he refers to them as 'the filth'! Sounds good to me and from hence forth I shall do likewise! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Arrrr...the predictability of an SLL appearance on the footie thread
Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhh - the predictable Jackson Monk critisises another SLL post
SLL: Your singing and your poetry like your team is shite!
Gilliwilliwoo - Here's a poem just for you

Your team wore brown
3-1 they went down
When you face it
They were total shit

Your shirts are shit
Your shorts are shit
Your supporters are shit
and YOU talk shit

xOxOxOxO

SL