EC solo tours 2014 tally: LAST YEAR OF HIS YOUTH

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: EC solo tours 2014 tally: LAST YEAR OF HIS YOUTH

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks to VERN for the setlist tonight: Cleveland show adds three to the tally. WOW! solo Lipstick Vogue! 8) we're at 64.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

lucky 17th in Kentucky brings out TEN first timers for this tour alongside TWO guests; gettin' loose! we are now at 74.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Atlanta show adds five, ALL at encore time AND played with Larkin Poe including the VERY RARE Richard Thompson song WITHERED AND DIED only played live ONCE before. brings us to 79. gee, that main set looked familiar.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

five more get added at the first of two TENNESSEE shows last night, so we are at 84 played so far. :wink:
on to NASHVILLE tonight, the last show before he rests up two days for the big CARNEGIE HALL double-header.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I think we'll see at least 10 new ones tonight. There'll be a country tinged flavour and even more different sings with Larkin Poe.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

agreed VG! maybe I'M YOUR TOY, CRY CRY CRY or GOOD YEAR FOR THE ROSES. or ANY other c/w song Elvis wants to throw out there.
verbal gymnastics

I'm hoping for The Crooked Line.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

seems Ryman adds only ONE, yet i apparently missed BLAME IT ON CAIN from two nights back. so we are now at 86. thanks FAVE DAVE!

late edit....we missed OUR LITTLE ANGEL, now added. so we are at 87 before CARNEGIE HALL.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i'm gonna bet Carnegie Hall adds about a dozen to this tally and at least two first EVER performances! :wink: :wink:
stricttime81

Post by stricttime81 »

bronxapostle wrote:i'm gonna bet Carnegie Hall adds about a dozen to this tally and at least two first EVER performances! :wink: :wink:
Hope he pulls out all the stops tomorrow night like he did on 11/27 at Morristown!
AKA: Mike the Lawyer
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:i'm gonna bet Carnegie Hall adds about a dozen to this tally and at least two first EVER performances! :wink: :wink:
okay...looks like we are half way to my dozen predicted added these two nights and first EVER guess (kinda!) also. naturally, my own show caused the most confusion and delay in adding to the tally with a couple of fragments played. :oops: :oops: so, i've added SIX from June 24th just now bringing us to a current total of 93 played thusly. let's see what tonight brings. best, ba
verbal gymnastics

verbal gymnastics wrote:I think we'll see at least 10 new ones tonight. There'll be a country tinged flavour and even more different sings with Larkin Poe.
I must admit, I was a bit disappointed when I saw the setlist - not that it was bad, but in the sense that Nashville usually provides something a bit different in the setlists. I was genuinely surprised at the lack of country songs.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

A STUNNER LAST NIGHT...2nd night NYC adds NINE taking us up to 102! so glad i took my brother to THIS one and not night one. INCREDIBLE!!
bronxapostle wrote:i'm gonna bet Carnegie Hall adds two first EVER performances! :wink: :wink:
Tues. AL GREEN track + this one makes ba correct again! (WISH I COULD PICK THE HORSES LIKE I CAN PICK EC!!! :D )

TOMMY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-lbNuXMn4
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

we are now at 106 after the DELAWARE show! WOW...SENIOR SERVICE!!! and a new song debut of a Burt Bacharach co-write. 8) 8)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

NEW HAMPSHIRE last USA date of this run adds 11 which brings us to 117 before heading to Montreal to meet his Mrs. guess i can only count the songs they play together if Diana joins HIS set, right? ENJOY THE DAY HABS!! what times are the shows there..afternoon or evening?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i believe i am correct that there was nothing to add from the MONTREAL show, correct? other than the "disallowed" songs performed during Diana's set. i will verify at the "MATRIX" right now. how long before we finally get to see DK join EC at one of HIS shows or perhaps even a true "double bill" tour?? it's gonna happen SOMEDAY! looking forward to adding more to the LYOMY tally next week in Wales! ENJOY all going to these upcoming shows and please keep a setlist as you and i would hate to NOT have an accurate account of this years shows. :wink: :wink:
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

5383_captainandtennille_1.jpg
5383_captainandtennille_1.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 15830 times
There is always hope for a duo album... steamy!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

first show since June in Montreal, this one in WALES adds 2. a possible NEW one (awaits verification) and SHE!

verification...it's a NEW "standard!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i missed GOOD YEAR FOR THE ROSES from Wales + four tour debuts from last night Manchester gets us to 124 different! :wink:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I predict a big fat zero in Kew but just a set of greatest hits and near misses, which isn't based at all on jealousy on my part that not going !
verbal gymnastics

:lol:

I think there might be a reference or 2 to growing up and playing locally so we may see a REALLY old song.

Apart from that there'll no doubt be a few hits in what will be a short set if that's of any comfort. Either that or a set of songs not played on the tour so far :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

KEW in London adds only one debut; BUT A GOODIE! 25 years later returns MY BRAVE FACE!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

SEXHILL, i mean BEXHILL, adds FOUR! this guy just keeps on ticking. up to 129, i believe.
verbal gymnastics

I hope you're happy now was a soft "pick" acoustic version. I don't know if this is the same as the other versions he's played. It was a gorgeous version.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I hope you're happy now was a soft "pick" acoustic version. I don't know if this is the same as the other versions he's played. It was a gorgeous version.
funny you should mention this song VG! sadly, of six solo shows i have seen since November, i never did catch this one. but, one youtube from November was VERY GORGEOUS indeed and would merit it an alternate take in my (stats) book. :wink: i'd call it (the gentle version) as it is played very softly and in a forlorn way. truly BEAUTIFUL if it was played the same as the one from November. which brings me to my "DIFFERENT PERFORMANCES" question. like i said, as i have heard this one, despite my missing it in person, i will title it accordingly when we get to it chronologically on this list: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... =2&t=10303 but, i would love ANY fellow obsessives opinion when it comes to crediting vastly different arrangements/takes on songs. please weigh in, even if it is to discuss where i have given credit for alternate takes if you feel it is not. would love to hear your point and have you hear mine if in disagreement.

oh here: i found the one i heard back in November: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_rcpklHmzE thanks doc!