Official Elvis dreams thread

Pretty self-explanatory
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Bloody hell, Miss BA you have some funny dreams!

Do you eat a lot of cheese with your cocoa before bed?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

laughingcrow wrote:Bloody hell, Miss BA you have some funny dreams!

Do you eat a lot of cheese with your cocoa before bed?
I don't think my dreams are out-of-the-ordinary strange, I think I just remember them in more detail than most people. It probably comes from sleeping eight and a half to nine hours a night, or trying to, anyway. I'm tickled by the stories my brain thinks up to amuse itself.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

miss buenos aires wrote:Last night I had a dream about BlueChair. He was engaged to his cousin, but then he started dating his current girlfriend, and he kept asking me for advice. I was like, "you have to dump one of them! You have to!" and he kept saying, "I know, I know, but it's so hard..." At one point, he told me he was very close to ditching his cousin, but then I saw them in the supermarket, buying cheese! Lots of cheese! All different kinds: Brie, Gouda, goat cheese, blue cheese, tons. They certainly didn't look like they were on the verge of breaking up, and I told BlueChair so. You are a sneaky, sneaky fellow, Mr. Chair.
I just noticed this. Who do you think I am, MBA? Jerry Lee Lewis!? I do enjoy cheese though.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

BlueChair wrote:I just noticed this. Who do you think I am, MBA? Jerry Lee Lewis!? I do enjoy cheese though.
I thought I told you about this! You were all, "that dream was really about someone else, right?" Or was that a different dream, like the dream where I got an email from this boy I was seeing in France saying, "I think it's really cute that you just had a dream where we were in a hotel and you were all mad that we couldn't make out because I had a girlfriend, and her sister's room was in between ours"? That was a weird meta-dream.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Just had an Elvis dream and this is a bit long, but what the hell... I'd hate to bore you with so much detail but they stood out so I left them in. I'm not wondering 'what it all means' or anything btw, just mainly enjoyed it visually.

We (two friends who know some of his music and I) were being driven by Elvis in his car at night to an unspecified location. It was a metallic gray Volvo, a very powerful, flash and modern model I hadn't seen before... more like a Mercedes or a BMW. He drove fast - arms straight out, hands on the wheel, taking turns with gusto. We didn't feel safe for a moment. We were excited and the interior of the car was unemotional (cool, gray, angular) so our reactions stood out to him, and he kept glancing across out of the corner of his eyes at us.

We arrived at a big old rectangular sandstone building, kind of castle-like. All that was around it were trees and black sky. He led us through a huge arched entrance in the middle of it (his walk was jaunty and determined, somehow a bit ape-like), and inside it was like a huge market hall with big stairways along the perimeter (similar to the location of the pockets on a pool table), and it was packed. I was taking all this in and EC disappeared and so did the others. Then I was running and looking for them. I could feel EC's presence and the tune of When I Was Cruel No1 seemed to be playing. It was like I was making up verses about what was around me, in co-operation with EC's presence. I can't remember words but there was a correlation with what I was seeing and it was happening very automatically. It seemed like maybe WIWC No3.

Each time I climbed up to the next floor it was like a new verse in the song. On the first floor I climbed to I noticed huge tall mahogany-framed windows with deep sills up to my chest, the cool breeze blowing on fine curtains, and the sun beaming in now. The ceiling was decorated stucco divided into sections and was very high. The floor was timber and the brass handrail from the stairs seemed to continue all around the floor, like the ones ballet dancers use. So it was like a ballet hall. I let go of the rail, went past a posh looking bar in the middle of the floor, then was startled to go by a fish tank with colourful fish and a big stingray in it. I kept running. (Weird huh?)

On a higher floor I looked out the window and it was like a courtyard. I spotted one of my friends, stepped back inside and kept running - it now felt like a competition with them to get to the top of the building and finish the song. All the while the same rhythm continued and I could feel EC's presence. On one of the stairways I turned and looked up and he was sitting over an arch I passed through. He said, "Just keep going". One of the floors was like a restaurant I had worked at. I paused from the stairway, felt the memories as I had a look, then kept going up to the next floor (must have figured it was worth a verse).

At the second last floor (of 6 floors apparently) I was having difficulty for some reason and couldn't go any higher... I needed Elvis' help. It was a longer verse and the song was different. I was relieved to find an elevator but the operator said it couldn't go up and I had better see Elvis; he was at the beach.

I went down, ran out under the big arch, along a stone path past the trees, and onto the beach. He was in shorts with a whistle around his neck, like in the Simpsons, training my friends in beach sprints. They were waiting for me. As soon as I got there (I was exhausted) Elvis said "Where have you been!!? You have to run back to the top of the building!" then shouted "GO!" before I could say anything. They took off and I followed behind. I was very very tired and then woke up. Whew!