Who on this board is an A-list celebrity?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Who on this board is an A-list celebrity?

bobster
44%
Who Shot Sam?
11%
ice nine
6%
laughingcrow
6%
verbal gymnastics
11%
Misha
17%
Pov
6%

Total votes: 18

miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

BlueChair wrote:Scotty from Star Trek isn't an actual Scot. He's actually born in Vancouver and grew up in Sarnia, Ontario. Much like the Chekov character wasn't actually Russian, but born and raised in Chicago.
And, gosh, Blue, I know this'll shock you, but Groundskeeper Willie isn't actually Scottish, either! Oh wait! They're all fictional characters! Who cares where the actors are from?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Up to this point we had been talking about actual people, and a lot of times people refer to actors on Star Trek by their character's names. Sorry for speaking redundantly, Miss B.A. :shock:
Misha

Post by Misha »

Just a thought here, but are A-List celebrities actually allowed to use computers without supervision by their handlers?

Or, do they know how to use them? Maybe they have their assistants look stuff up for them....

I'm not awake yet....
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, since I'm essentially a fictitious character here too, I figured, why not?

(I am in fact, really a 23 year old woman named Kate who think Elvis -- not to mention Anthony Steward Head -- are "old and icky" but who nevertheless, has been listening to "North" "non-stop.")
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
miss buenos aires

bobster wrote:Well, since I'm essentially a fictitious character here too, I figured, why not?

(I am in fact, really a 23 year old woman named Kate who think Elvis -- not to mention Anthony Steward Head -- are "old and icky" but who nevertheless, has been listening to "North" "non-stop.")
So, that means that bobster is but a figment of Kate's imagination. Which means that Kate, posing as "bobster," posited the perfect girl for "bobster," who is very similar to herself (twentysomething, named Kate, possessed of opinions on Buffy and Elvis), but also strikingly different.

Kate, I think you have some--how shall I put it?--self-actualization issues.
bobster

Post by bobster »

No, no, no..."my" perfect match was the 29 year old Kate who actually liked Elvis (and Buffy).

When are you people going to get this stuff straight!

Of course, at this point, "I" am in serious fugue state.

Time to pull those Phillip K. Dick books off the shelf!
miss buenos aires

Kate, I have your stuff straight. I said, "possessed of opinions" and "twentysomething." I didn't say they weren't conflicting opinions, nor did I say they were exactly the same age. Many young women (I count myself among them) have no opinion whatsoever of this Head fellow.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Is Richard Belzer considered an 'A-list' celebrity? I'm not him, I'd just like to know.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
bobster

Post by bobster »

Well, no more than Anthony Stewart Head is.

"Kate"
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

wheeeeeeeee!

i've got my second obsession discussing my first obsession!!!!!

maybe the a-list celeb is me? or, maybe i'm the force behind the a-list celeb, look what i got this list to do!

poppet's obsessions: buffy (particularly anthony stewart head), and elvis costello (and the ec board). oh, and interior design and type layout. i get pretty incensed over poorly laid-out type. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
tokyo vogue

Post by tokyo vogue »

*holds up a shiny mirror to poppet's post*

um, ME AS WELL.

i have a mild-to-middling obsession with the Buffy fandom. i'm trying to get into it more, so i can ditch my embarrassing middling-to-extreme obsession with the Harry Potter fandom. it's all Alan Rickman's fault, i swear. i mean, it's hard to use that as a justification for my enjoyment of, say, twinfic, but eh...oh, man, i'm gonna stop now before i shoot my digital self in the foot.

the shame, folks. the SHAME.
if we can rock together, why can't we walk together?
bobster

Post by bobster »

"Twinfic"???

Is that like fanfic about interior design and imaginary gay relationships between Anthony Stewart Head and Alan Rickman?

And how does Richard Belzer fit in?
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

bobster! stop it!

if i wrote fanfic, the plot bunnies would be pretty frantic right about now, having read that post.

i imagine twinfic is a specific harry potter genre - the weasley twins.

gotta say, i do NOT want to consider that EVER. oh my.

can i scrub my brain now, please?
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....