Elvis to Play Bridge School Benefit, Oct 23/24, 2010?

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: Elvis to Play Bridge School Benefit, Oct 23/24, 2010?

Post by bronxapostle »

*Ralph Stanley*

(Unknown)
Lift Him Up
Man Of Constant Sorrow

Dr. Stanley's first song at the Beacon was "Girl from the Greenbriar Shore" and EC's was BRILLIANT MISTAKE :D :D :D
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Last edited by sweetest punch on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Highlights 1 (with EC doing Brilliant Mistake): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMCuEIe1aj8
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I went to both the Sat. & Sun. shows and had a really great time and cool seats (lower level). It was a great event. Elvis, of course, ruled. Sunday's show with T-Bone's Revue was awesome. I think my upper lip was detached from my lower lip for a few of the Leon Russell/Elton John songs. The DUDE was awesome. I noticed that the dude looks a lot like Kris K. which is cool. Kris K. is hot for an older, kinder, gentler man. My friend and I were checking him out.. I thought he should have been wearing flip flops instead of cowboy boots because he had such a laid back look going on.... He must be into yoga... Anyhow, Elvis was amazing. Slow Drag is a fun song.. NR was rocking... Good times! When is the NR American tour... hope he plays in SF (Fillmore, Warfield) this time!

I'm still recovering brain cells from Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, so you can only imagine how I feel right now... I am short on words... I feel like the patient in the Spuds Beer commercial from the old SNL skit.... Find it online, it's classic.

Anyhow, go Giants. This town is one big party right now. Yeah! (and once again, I offer another post that says nothing much at all - your friend in EC fanhood - MOJO).
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

And one more foggy note here... Ramblin' Jack showed up... I forget which night, but it was so cool to see him on stage. Since he didn't play HSB this year, I substituted him for Kinky Friedman at the Star Stage, who was a real trip....They both have a style that I like. You can't find many people like this at my age. LAME.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Jimmy Standing In The Rain / Sulphure To Sugarcane / National Ransom (and others): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-L8OwXyFM
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »