Your favorite MLAR (including bonus disc) track and why ?

Pretty self-explanatory
Dr. Luther

Re: Your favorite MLAR (including bonus disc) track and why

Post by Dr. Luther »

docinwestchester wrote:In the interview he did for Live From The Artists Den (Nov 2, 2010) he said "I have as much in common with a welder as I do a writer".
I call bullshit, Elvis.
I don't know.
Have you ever witnessed the fruits of his welding acumen?

It's really something to behold.
jardine

Re: Your favorite MLAR (including bonus disc) track and why

Post by jardine »

he is a great welder AND a great writer!

this makes me think, too, of that often quoted line that writing about music is like dancing about architecture--cited by frank zappa and then back to Varese? Not sure of the lineage, but i have always completely disagreed with this sentiment. BAD writing about music might qualify here. However, GOOD writing about music makes me able to hear and experience differently (i think of how many wonderful threds there have been on this site that, disagree or not, have opened my ears over and over again). Same is true of good conversations like many of those in Spectacle which took me back to the music more deeply. Elvis' own lyrics are, from one meager writer to a fine one, often wonderful, and his writings about music, are, well, equally opening and enlivening of my experience of music. I've gone back and listened to many artists because of himself and his thoughts and writings...