Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

alas we do Gilli :(

However, there is one little bit of me that wants the papers to be proved wrong.....I know, I know....unlikely. :cry:
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Incredible perfomance from Henry last night....loads of points for 'Goddle's Underpants' and Leeds one step nearer the drop.....

About a good as an Arsenal win can get for a spurs boy.. :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ho Ho...Goldenballs cannae keep 'em to himself.

Who do you lot think's going down in the prem, apart from the Wanderers and Leicester?

Leeds United v Portsmouth
Bolton v Leeds United
Leeds United v Charlton
Chelsea v Leeds United

Portsmouth v Man Utd
Leeds United v Portsmouth
Portsmouth v Fulham
Portsmouth v Arsenal
Leicester City v Portsmouth
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough

Blackburn v Leicester City
Everton v Blackburn
Blackburn v Man Utd
Tottenham v Blackburn
Blackburn v Birmingham

Thinking it might be Portsmouth, although I'd like it to be Leeds after their poor showing all season.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

For me it's between Blackburn and Leeds Utd. I lean towards Rovers, becasue at least Leeds occasionally pick up points. Rovers are in freefall and have been for some time. I may eat my words in weeks to come but Blackburn are the one side in the bottom half that I think Spurs will beat.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Its looking bleak for our boys Gilli..... :cry:

If we go down with this squad, Pleat will need a bodyguard for life
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who do you lot think's going down in the prem, apart from the Wanderers and Leicester?
Please please please please please please please please please let it be tottenham. It would almost make up for only winning one major trophy this season :lol: .

Really, it looks like Leeds or ManCity after today's results either of which would be quite funny too, especially dirty Leeds.

Who's going to fall into 4th spot? On current form it looks as though Villa might sneak it, which would also be pretty funny.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

It really shouldn't be Liverpool, they deserve worse. Villa, yes, with Gareth Barry netting a hat-trick tomorrow (you can guess why...). Thank God I re-signed Henry this week, but I didn't make him captain, seduced instead by the double gameweek for MU and Saha's prowess. I am suffering. That was a painful game today, but fair dues to Portsmouth. We should have scored in ther first half and at least got a draw, but they defended well and deserved their three points. Given that MU are now only hoping to get second, the only real significance is the fantasy scenario.

In some ways I'd like to see Leeds go down, but 'dirty' Leeds players like A Smith will then go to another Premiership club (like Norwich) and be dirty there. Actually, it's got to be City. Blackburn did very well today, Portsmouth have really helped their cause. I quite like City being in it for the derbies, but since the Man City obsessed Mancunian bastard at work said he really hoped Arsenal put MU out of the FA Cup, I'm keen to get my own back a second time and have the very last laugh. And Keegan ultimately deserves it. I'd luv it, luv it!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Newcastle deserve something this season....it must be so frustrating to support such a consistently good team, that wins nothing! At least Wolves are crap and win nothing!
Otis Westinghouse

UEFA cup?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

so lacklustre wrote:
Please please please please please please please please please let it be tottenham. It would almost make up for only winning one major trophy this season :lol: .
SOLACKLUSTRE: Sorry - we are NOT going daaaannnnhhh!! And nothing will make up for getting beat at that stage by Chelsea you losers!! - nah nah nah nah nah!!*copious raspberry blowing in your general direction* :lol:

It will be Leeds.

JACKSON: Fear not oh frightened one! We always manage to scrape ourselves off the bottom of the barrel!! I predict a 2-0 win next match through sheer terror!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

JACKSON: Fear not oh frightened one! We always manage to scrape ourselves off the bottom of the barrel!! I predict a 2-0 win next match through sheer terror!!
No chance, your next match is against the mighty gooners.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Why couldn't Dave Jones have bought some decent players for next season in the transfor window?

We're gonna lose Rae, Ince and Irwin through age/Rangers. Nathan Blake is crap. Paul Butler is crap. Shaun Newton is crap. Silas is crap. Iversen is mince. Jody Craddock is crap. Ganea isn't gonna play in div 1, he'll go back to wherever he's on loan from.

Please can we keep Henri Camara and Kenny Miller...but massive teams like Charlton or Bolton might try and prise them away. Lescott is back, hurrah, he's so good that he'll play for england...mark my words, but apart from that we've got a shoddy defence and a poor midield. Bollocks!
We should have bought good young players from division one, like the lad Dawson at Forest, Ashton at Crewe, etc. Instead we bought Carl Cort.

West Ham will win that division by a mile next year if they don't go up this. Reo-Coker and McAnuff from wimbledon were great buys, and Zamora was a great piece of business...if they can get a few defenders, they'll be a great side next season. Wolves and Leicester will be lucky to get the playoffs. :x
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

LC....boy did I laugh when your lot bought Iversen.

How can a player have an 8 year premiership career based completely on potential ?

Shame that u r going down.....nice club Wolves :(
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Poor old Wolves. How can a team who beat MU go down? Kevin Rowland will be traumatised. Still, be thankful you're not a Wimbledon or Bradford fan, Premiership to Div 2 in 3-4 years. But maybe you will be in the same place before long... no, it can't happen, surely?

And poor old Maradona. Hope he recovers.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Ouch. Just terrible. I've been a Ranieri supporter, but his substitutions against Monaco were mind-boggling. On tonight's evidence, Abramovich would be well within his rights to give Claudio his walking papers. I think we can still turn this around at the Bridge, but it's gonna take some doing. Ever since that big victory at Highbury, we have been dreadful. :(
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
John

Post by John »

Hasselbaink on the right wing, Huth at right back, Parker right midfield then right back and Veron left midfield.
Does Ranieri take tactical advise from Walter Smith?
It was as much of the alphabet as I knew how to use.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Better put that trophy cabinet on hold :lol: .
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Ron Atkinson...what a moron.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Never liked big ron much and what he said was a disgrace, I hope we never have to put up with him again.

Makelele was a disgrace too.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Erm. We erm won the erm title at white heartless lane ha ha.

:twisted: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SLL: I told you you wouldn't beat us - and if we had a little more time we would have made it 3-1! :P
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Not without Pires having his goal taken away from him you wouldn't! Spurs can't complain, they maintained their dignity, thanks to the absurd behaviour of tosser Lehmann (what is it about German goalies? Lehmann is nowhere near as revolting as Oliver Kahn, officially the most unpleasant goalie ever, but he's on the spectrum), and got to see their neighbours celebrating in style. I had a lump in my throat watching them celebrate - I think it's the fact that I've totally sold out in Fantasy world and bought Pires too, since Scholes got suspended, so I now have 3 Arse (the max. allowed) and only two MU! Actually, what really got me was when Wenger, the most respect-worthy Premiership manager in memory (apart from AF, of course), other than not doing more about the appalling behaviour of some of his players, joined his players, and was so restrained he just stood behind them, with them unaware of his presence. Hats off, though, that away record is simply unbelievable. Thank God that's all the silverware they're getting, though.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

We woz robbed - robbed I tells ya!! :lol:

Seriously though, we played a good game considering our track record , and I was impressed as opposed to watching it through the gaps in my fingers covering my eyes!!

Well done Arsenal, theres no doubt about it you are a fine side! (bleh! :lol: )
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Well, I have to say that I would have taken 2-0 at half time. We battled well in the second half, but you get the feeling that Arsenal just took their foot off the pedal really. Spurs really are in a dreadful mess when they have an unfit model like Redknapp to rely on.

How can you sack your manager after a handful of games (and having allowed him to spend 20 million quid in the summer!)) and then right off the entire season by putting a garden gnome in charge. It is an insult to season taicket holders quite frankly.

However, as much as I love my club, I was thoroughly pissed off to see some Spurs fans leaving at half time yesterday. Sure it hurts. Sure we are in a chaotic shambles at the moment, but you stand your ground and support your team through thick and thin. We have been through 15 years of being treated abysmally by successive boards, but when you start walking out on the team, it is a slippery slope to oblivion imho.

Whilst it is painful to watch the Gooners celebrating at the Lane, I can't help but think that we are too obsessed with what is going on at the library. We need to concentrate on finishing inj the top half of the league first and foremost. We are too far behind Arsenal to even think about competing. We are going to finsh as the 5th club in London this season and that is an absolute disgrace. I have paid as much as £45 to see a team with no spine and no manager this season. I feel like a mug and I won't be doing it again until ENIC appoint a manager who knows what he's doing. It's been 12 years since we had one!
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

By the way Arsenal have now won as many titles at White HL as Tottenham.