Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Nothing personal, Otis, but I think most of the country was supporting the referee yesterday. When a neutral's choice is between Man United and Millwall, you can't really blame us, can you?

I see Houllier is leaving today. A straight swap for Martin O'Neill, fingers crossed.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

If Millwall = Wise, yes I can! I'm with WSS? on that one. I've never had such a strong desire to see capital punishment incorporated into the beautiful game before.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You've gotting a fucking cheek critising Wise when your captain is a thug who deliberately cripples players. One of the few enjoyable things about the cup final (apart af looking uneasy during the first half) was watching Wise trying to maim the whole of the Utd team. Probably go down as one of the worst finals ever. How did rvn get motm? Surely Ronaldo, Fletcher or Wise should have got it. Scholes was looking in pretty poo form for the summer, not a good sign.

What are Silly Philly Neville, Nick Butt, Kieron Dyer, Jamie Carragher, Emile Heskey, Ian Walker, Ledley King & Joe Cole doing in the England Squad????

Out of those being touted for the Liverpool job imo Curbishley would do best and it would be good to see an English manager get one of the top ten jobs in domestic football.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Otis Westinghouse

... keeping O'Neill free for when we're ready for him.

Wise MOTM? Don't make me puke. At least Keane has grown out of his savage ways, almost entirely, whereas Wise seems to think it's part of his eternal appeal to run around like a demented hitman. 'Nobody likes us.' Too right, not with that animal involved. Thank God that's the last time I'll have to watch a game with that on the pitch.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

At least Wise was entertaining which is more than can be said for the rest of the match!!

Apparently Chelsea are going to buy Roberto Carlos for £40m and pay him £120,000 a week. Where will Bridge go then?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Apparently Chelsea are going to buy Roberto Carlos for £40m and pay him £120,000 a week. Where will Bridge go then?
Total madness. Did they not learn from the Veron debacle?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I think it's great.

Ambramovich signs all these players and puts them on massive wages.

The he gets arrested for pimping Russina brides or something and leaves Chelsea in the lurch :lol: :lol:

Oh well.....one can dream :D
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

And there is of course what is being reported about bringing Zola back on £50,000 a week...

I've just drawn Germany in our 2004 Euro sweepstake. Ah well, it could have been Latvia.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

At least I can say MU were knocked out of the Champions League by the victors, rather than by the losers' victims, or those beaten by the victims' victims!

I've always thought Alan Smith had some of Dennis Wise's loutish DNA in him, but now, er, I love him! Why the fuck isn't he in the England squad?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

because Heskey offers something a little.....errr.....different? :?
corruptio optimi pessima
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Otis Westinghouse

Let's hope they're all piled up in a massively acrobatic shagfest the night before the England game! How utterly silly!
Otis Westinghouse

Q: What is Claudio Ranieri's favourite EC song?
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

A: There's No Place Here For The Mini-Skirt Waddle
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Otis Westinghouse

Precisamente. (Or if Doof or Gilli were singing, and the song were called 'I so want to go to Tottenham', 'There's no room here for Chris Waddle in a mini-skirt'.)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Sad to see him go. I'd hate to see him at Tottenham.

Mourinho's going to be hard pressed to match Ranieri's achievement.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

France v England.

Anybody like to comment?

Hang on, I need to stop laughing my arse off first.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Oh man. Tuned in just in time to see Zidane's free kick. Total bottle job by England. What in the world is Emile Heskey doing playing international football, much less for England? What a donkey.

And how about Gerrard's woeful backpass? Very surprising for a player of his quality. In the States, we'd say that England "choked". A meltdown of epic proportions.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well I predicted it almost right! I said we would be winning 1-0 and then France would score in the last minute of the game.....

The stress was unbearable. We just sat there with our mouths open and looked at each other in total disbelief, and we have all woken up depressed. What I want to know is why do we do it?? We put ourselves through this shit every few years - up go the flags on the house and car, we get all excited ....this time we have a good team......this time we are going to do it - then BAM!!!!

I really dont want to watch the rest, i'm fed up between Spurs and England of being dissapointed........... :(
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Gillibeanz wrote:I really dont want to watch the rest, i'm fed but between Spurs and England of being dissapointed........... :(
At least King played well. Very well in fact.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

You are right Sam, King played a blinder! Im glad he got a chance to show what he can do. I also thought Rooney had a brilliant game as well, and Svens decision to take him off and scupper the one chance we had of scoring again was total madness!

As for Scholes - why they keep putting him in the team is beyond me - he hasnt scored a goal for England in years and hes crap! Beckham was a shadow of his former self on the pitch and its not like him to miss a penalty, and we wont even talk about Gerrard and Heskey...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Nothing to worry about folks. We'll make light work of the Swiss and we'll just need a draw off the Croats.

I still think a France v England Final is very much on the cards.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Gerrard is in a different class to Heskey. I'd put Defoe or Smith in the squad over donkeyboy any day of the week. Didn't anyone tell SGE that substituting half the team is only called for in friendliess? I had predicted 2-1 in the works predictions contest, and had Zidane, Henry and Viera in my online fantasy team (though sadly with the absent henry as captain, not the awesome Zizou), so there were compensations. Actually, I must say the ability to be disloyal in favour of my own competition opportunities and the fact that most people with England flags on their cars are meatheads (and of course there were 'disturbances' all over the country because, er, our team threw it away) makes me less than bothered to see England blow it. We'll probably go through to the next round anyway, and probably face Spain and lose, which is what I predicted from the outset (and I'd love to see Spain get to the final this year). It would be good to win the group and avoid that, but it matters far less to me than any competition MU are in. Club over country.

Should Ledley King be a defender for Spurs? He seems a natural. he was the high point.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

yeah Otis...spot on regarding our Ledley...

Other supporters often accuse Spurs fans of being moaners. Well, when you have a manager who puts King in Midfield and Doherty in defence....the fans have every right to complain. Pleast nearly got us relegated and then had the gall to say he was never worried..... :evil: :evil: sory...calm down,calm down :oops:
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I thought France would win, I thought they deserved to win, but the manner of their victory was rather unpredictable and slightly unfortunate on the good old English. I have come to the conclusion that Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard cannot all fit in the midfield, we need a proper stopper like Parker, why is he not in the squad? Before yesterday I would have definitely picked Lampard to be left out but Gerrard had a bit of a nightmare (i would send him home for that diabolical back pass!!!). However I think that Gerrard comes into his own when he is playing alongside a stopper. Scholes, Cole, King, Campbell, Neville, Rooney all had decent games. Beckham and Lampard didn't do much apart from creating and scoring the goal (and missing the penalty). Beckham has become a bit predictable with his penalties, try Rooney next time!! France could go from strength to strength now. England will be nervous against the Swiss if they don't score early, and could slip up again, I'm just being pessimistic England will win really. Scholes is injured bring in Hargreaves as the holding player and push Gerrard up and Dyer wide with Lampard on the bench.

Boardmember apart I think that people flying the St Georges flag from their cars are tossers. But I'm just a snob.