Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Re: Wake up you footy fans!!!

Post by Jackson Monk »

As skilful as Henry is (was?), I have always thought him a sulky slimeball brat. That is true. The fact that he played for the scumbag nomads doesn't help.

But in all honesty, I was most upset about this incident because of my Irish heritage. I would have felt the same if it had been any of the french players (although I grant you most of them are gooners!).

As for Keane, whilst I usually like agree with a lot of what he says, he often comes out with an equal level of shit. He conveniently forgets to mention that Henry got goal-side because he was offside. Keane is clearly an embiittered man and it is a shame to see him using every opportunity to have a go at the IFA. He should be bigger than that as they are more than capable of shooting themselves in the foot without his comments. He talks of the Irish needing to 'get over it' when he waited a full 4 years to hunt down and seek revenge on Alfe-Inge Haaland. I suspect Henry is glad that Keane wasn't playing last night!
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:Image

edit: I don't care who wins this game, but I can't wait to watch. And I just spammed every single person I have an email addy on.

edit #2: except so lack, who had the good fortune to change his or put me in the "spam" category or something equally unfriendly.
We had Rimando and Thornton and let them both go. Brilliant moves, eh? :cry:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Well, somebody had to keep Conway in steroids. :lol:

RSL had these shirts made up for sale, and Rimando & Brendan Steineckert (the drummer from Rancid) handed them out yesterday. Is that cool or what?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

It's what.

My love of the mighty Roy almost makes me want to revise my opinion. I think it's a crush of sorts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 370327.stm

If 4.53 seems a bit long, just watch a few seconds and then skip on to 2.35 for the best response to an unwelcome mobile ever!

He's looking a bit like David Byrne. Of course my blinkered adoration would be more defendable if he had had any success as a manager, in reality it's a bit sad watching him rant here. My dreams of him as a successor to Fergie don't look so good to me now.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse

Bad night for Elvis. Hahahahaha.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Masterclass by Didier at the Emirates.
Otis Westinghouse

Arse lose RVP and fall to pieces. Same old, same old, all mouth and no trousers from Wenger. Starts to look promising with some classy play whilst losing or throwing away leads in games for no reason whatsoever, then loses a player to injury and the pretty play adds up to nothing. Man Utd finally start to look convincing in the second half against Portsmouth, though admittedly with the godlike genius of a 36 year old (Happy Birthday my all-time Man Utd hero!) a crucial part. Liverpool win the derby, but more because Everton were shite than because they were good. If Chels can hold it together over Christmas, I'll be more anxious. Hope Utd buy VIlla or the like in Jan.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Liverpool win the derby, but more because Everton were shite than because they were good.
I actually thought Liverpool were very fortunate - a deflected goal and a mistake by Yobo, but otherwise Everton worked hard and probably deserved more.
Otis Westinghouse

I retract my statement in favour of your more accurate version. Why is Rafa not playing Aquilani? Supposedly one of the best midfielders in Serie A last year, keeps a bench warm this year.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Dear Otis,
I can forgive almost anything except blind prejudice ( :lol: !!!)but as a lifelong Gooner, I'm also getting sick of us playing matches against better teams (you in last year's Champions League and Chelsea all too often) and appearing like boys against men. The comments on Radio5 about us having too many similar players (Nasri replaced by Rosicsky) are true but we've never really recovered from having Viera go -now there was someone who could put it about a bit when the need arose. Giggs is tremendous still but I don't think you've got the depth of squad that Chelsea has - though they're all getting on a bit !!
Still better old than crap as yesterday proved. Of course it also means Fabregas will now have a valid excuse (no trophies again) to leave in the summer !!
Otis Westinghouse

Let's hope so!

How nice to see the mostly B squad getting a god result against the Spurs A team in the League Cup. A good boost after the sub-par Besiktas let-down, especially for Gibson, who was really disappointing in the last game, but got both goals tonight.

Jackson, where are you?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

A league cup match where I couldn't decide who I wanted to lose most !!! :lol:
However, since you keep the spirit of playing your 2nd string alive despite the opposition, I'm guess I'm more delighted that the other team in North London lost (Hahaha)
Dream result tonight would be our second team outscoring City and Toure and Adebayor looking second rate - some hope !
Otis Westinghouse

Dream on! Like you, hard to decide who I most wanted to lose tonight, but I'm not complaining. Actually, a Manchester final would be fun, with only one possible outcome. Welcome to Manchester, my arse.

Lovely to see Chelsea get lucky in 120 + 2 to blow the penalties. Kakuta looked like a 13-year old ball boy had wondered on to take on Robinson. Hilarious.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Otis, you can't complain about teams scoring in time added on !!! However, I'm delighted that the premiership team nearest to where I live gets to lose to you in the Final !! It also looks great that Angelotti brought on the big guns when it looked like they might lose and it failed. Now could Giggs, Vidic , Fletcher and Evra take a leaf out of van Persie's book and get injured for the rest of the season please ?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

sulky lad wrote:Otis, you can't complain about teams scoring in time added on !!! However, I'm delighted that the premiership team nearest to where I live gets to lose to you in the Final !! It also looks great that Angelotti brought on the big guns when it looked like they might lose and it failed. Now could Giggs, Vidic , Fletcher and Evra take a leaf out of van Persie's book and get injured for the rest of the season please ?
With all due respect I think your title chances are toast, sulky lad. Any other supporters would be asking for Wenger's head, but for some reason he gets a free pass from the Scientologists. Long may it continue. You'll never do anything with a bunch of midgets who make pretty passes to no great effect and fall to pieces against more physical sides.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Love our World Cup draw - England, USA, Algeria and Slovenia. Should be lots of fun!
Otis Westinghouse

Can't wait to piss all over your lot. Easy group for us. Not complaining.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Can't wait to piss all over your lot. Easy group for us. Not complaining.
Yorktown 1781 my friend. You might as well raise the white flag now. :D :D
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

or say, 1950.

no real group of death.

I

AM

STOKED.
Otis Westinghouse

My Algerian neighbour is also looking forward to pissing all over the USA. I'll check with a Slovenian colleague as well, I'm sure she shares the same outlook.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Lamphahahahahahahahahahahahahahahard
signed with love and vicious kisses
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

heard this on the radio, thought of Otis.

Otis Westinghouse

Nothing happens. Empty white screen, for me at least.

Fabregagagagagagagas
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Lamphahahahahahahahahahahahahahahard
First one he's missed in ages. Nothing to say about your crew of underachieving midgets or Glorious Leader?