I'm off to work!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I just got to tell someone she won a 20GB iPod. That made my day.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I hate my job. Along with being the CPC manager, I am the only cashier today from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. Grrrrrrrr
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I hate my fucking job. Did I say that already this morning? Well, it bears repeating.

Stupid, soul-sucking, hamster wheel spinning, man's inhumanity to man, customers with tongues like barbed wire and mind's just as narrow, shill managers with Napoleon complex havin'......argh!
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

What I want to know - is if you're working cash register 8am-4pm, how are you online? :)
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Cos' I'm a stealthy bastard and they think I'm typing in new Advantage Card members.

In your face Evil Corporate Empire!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Seriously, I want to stand up on the counter, give everybody a crotch chop, yell out "I'm Famous Mortimer, bitch!" and bonk out.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

:lol:

You rock.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

EL VEZ Do it!! And post the pictures on the net! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

So long as Being There is willing to start a Project Pay Zayne' Bills Fund!
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

El Vez wrote:So long as Being There is willing to start a Project Pay Zayne' Bills Fund!
We'll do that as soon as Blue & I can quit our day jobs and support ourselves on BT's income. 8)
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Whew! I thought you were gonna bring up old shit....like me being late with the editorial and AVG!
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

El Vez wrote:Whew! I thought you were gonna bring up old shit....like me being late with the editorial and AVG!

Was I too hard on you? :wink:
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

RedShoes wrote:
El Vez wrote:Whew! I thought you were gonna bring up old shit....like me being late with the editorial and AVG!

Was I too hard on you? :wink:
No, but I'm confused. Exactly why did the dwarves have to film the whole thing? That and Adam's leering grin.........
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Dag is a noun not an adjective! I can't confirm whether its common slang use is derived from also meaning faecal matter hanging from the hairs on your arse but it is often used affectionately-- "You silly dag!"
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I'm on my third cup of coffee this morning and I need to walk down to the post office to mail a friend some mix tapes.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Just finished lecture on 'Presidential Character' to my AP students. About to eat lunch.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

pophead2k wrote:Just finished lecture on 'Presidential Character' to my AP students. About to eat lunch.
I think I'd like to hear that lecture...
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I just cut my son's hair, about oh, two months overdue. I nearly forgot there was a little boy under all that!! He looks instantly three years older. Freakin me out...
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

We've had fun tonight!

Little Liv has suffered her first ever (non baby) serious vomitting session :(

She'd been complaining about an ache in her stomach all evening, but I think it was that "I feel sick" feeling - she just couldn't articulate it, bless her.

Anyway, I'm sitting reading to her in bed, when she sits up, looks at me in a worried manner and promptly directs this evenings dinner all over me and the bed. Further puking takes place in the bathroom and on the landing. She looks much better and we clean it all up and get her back to bed.

The second episode was worse. We'd put a bin next to her bed, but she missed by a yard and managed to get it all inside the bed structure, so that I had to dismantle the whole bed to clean it up!!

She's finally asleep and looking peaceful, but I'm not fooled....Linda Blair is just waiting to re-appear. :twisted:
corruptio optimi pessima
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

It just ain't parenthood without a certain amount of vomit, but still, sorry to hear. Poor you, poor her!!! :oops: :shock: :cry:
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:We've had fun tonight!

Little Liv has suffered her first ever (non baby) serious vomitting session :(

She'd been complaining about an ache in her stomach all evening, but I think it was that "I feel sick" feeling - she just couldn't articulate it, bless her.

Anyway, I'm sitting reading to her in bed, when she sits up, looks at me in a worried manner and promptly directs this evenings dinner all over me and the bed. Further puking takes place in the bathroom and on the landing. She looks much better and we clean it all up and get her back to bed.

The second episode was worse. We'd put a bin next to her bed, but she missed by a yard and managed to get it all inside the bed structure, so that I had to dismantle the whole bed to clean it up!!

She's finally asleep and looking peaceful, but I'm not fooled....Linda Blair is just waiting to re-appear. :twisted:
Ah, good times, good times. Reminds me of the time my daughter blew chunks all over herself, her car seat and the back seat of my Toyota. That was a fun clean-up. Thank God I went for the leather upholstery.

Don't worry, they'll be cleaning up your vomit and changing your diapers some day. :wink:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I think my fave vomit episode had to be when Jack was about 2, in the middle of winter, all bundled up, in a Brookline post office. Every surface made of marble or terrazzo, hard and slick, and with nothing but thin tiny postal forms to clean up with. Banana, as I recall. Amazing how there's always three times as much in vomit form as there was as food.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Must be "vomitting season" as my 9-year-old puked on the carpet and cushions yesterday. She ate something right before going to bed and pushed it with orange sparkling water. It didn't go too well...
Kids, huh ?

Anyway, sorry about your daughter, Jackson. Hope she's ok now.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

the barfing stories I could tell.

yeah, I'll spare you all of them.

but my youngest son had a thing for throwing up in the checkout line of our local Big Ass Grocery store. bagboys run like hell when I go there now.

I hope all your little ones feel better soon. have a coke and a smile?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

i had a kid walk down the stairs at midnight when she was 5 covered in blue slushy. "i threw up in my bed." she proceeded to throw up like clockwork every 20 minutes for 3 or 4 hours. poor thing got so worn out. must have been food poisoning. i laid on the floor beside her bed and would just raise up and hold out the bucket. i was a little tardy once and she nailed me right in the puss. "i've never had anyone throw up in my face before." and then another time...
I'm not concerned about the very poor.