Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well it looks like our new player Hossam Mido is going to be an asset to the club!!! :D :D :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Shock news: Spurs make a decent signing!

Next up, Becks...
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Shock news: Spurs make a decent signing!

Next up, Becks...
The usual kind of patronising comment expected from a Manchester UNITED fan.... :lol:

Exactly how many good signings has Sir Alex Pockface made that haven't cost £10 million + ????? He is terrible at playing the transfer market and always has been.

He got lucky with the youth team of the early 90s and hasn't brought a decent youth player or value signing through in years.

His current team is made up of expensive signings and the remnants of the aforementioned youth team. It may be interesting when Glazier gets in and his board refuses to sanction £25 million signings like Veron. With the notable exception of Cantona, he has no idea how to spend wisely. Oh and Heinze looks useful.

Let us not forget the jewells that are Kleberson, Djemba x2, Forlan, Liam Miller, Taibi, Bosnich, Saha, Bellion,Veron, Howard, etc.....I could go on for hours.

Finally, I shall point out the inaccuracy of your comment. Spurs have made several good signings this past year. Defoe (who cost the same as Kleberson), Robinson, and Carrick have all been especially successful and the others are virtually all young talented players who have barely started their careers. Sean Davis (when fit) would piss all over any of Fergie's recent midfield signings.

So there Sir Otis of Cambridgeshire!!
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Shock News: Tottenham fan gets all defensive!
signed with love and vicious kisses
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

so lacklustre wrote:Shock News: Tottenham fan gets all defensive!
More shock news! - an Arsenal fan is literate!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

It was actually a ref to a recent tabloid headline, and not me patronising at all! :lol:

Actually, while the Ferg doesn't show the impressive touch of Wanger or Jose 'to the tune of "La Donna e mobile"' Mourinho (Kezman aside), and while he's entertained us with some of the above (Taibi!), your argument is a little blinkered in its ignoring of folk such as Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney, O'Shea, Smith and (last season rather than this) Saha. That said, we are still too reliant on the talent of Keane, Giggs, Scholes and G Neville. As they said on MOTD today, Keane is the heartbeat of MU, and we always seem wobbliest when he isn't around. We wouldn't be second without Giggs and Scholes having found some serious form in recent months.

But this is all tittle tattle, the real talking point is that we have now closed the gap to single figures! Man City I love you! And better still, Lampard got 4, to m captain Giggs's 7. How cool is that? And Wright-Phillips didn't score. I shan't complain.

Poor old Southampton, though.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Ah...but I didn make the point that his successful signings have almost all been costly:

Ruud Van Fallalot
Ronaldo
Alan Smith
Saha

All expensive signings.

Good point about O'Shea.....I'll give you that one. :wink:
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:Shock News: Tottenham fan gets all defensive!
Unlike Cygan and S.Cumball last Weds!
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Well, that day has arrived.

This afternoon I am taking Caitlin (8) to see her first match at The Lane. lets hope the lilywhites don't screw up and put her off the Spurs for life!!

n.b. now you can do your jokjes about abusive parenting :roll:
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

This isn't a matter for jokes. Time to report you to social services. :wink:

How much excitement can a Doofster have in one week?

Sodding Chelsea do it again. What a drag, and no Osman playing. beattie send off sounded controversial. Radio 5 say it was absolutely right.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well thank god we redeemed ourselves in the second half cos the first half was abysmal! Hope you and your daughter had a good time Doof!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Homer ref gifted it to the spurts with two dodgy decisions. Before that they had looked hopeless and totally outplayed. After that the Albion fell apart.

Hope your kid could stand the stench at white heartless lane.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:beattie send off sounded controversial. Radio 5 say it was absolutely right.
No question it was a red card. What a bonehead. And Moyes blames Gallas for the incident - the annoying little twerp. Looks like a ventriloquist's dummy.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Otis Westinghouse

That's cruel and true! I respect the man, he's achieved a lot. It's thr manager's prerogative, especially if Scottish!

Tomorrow's the big one. 1pm. We'll have 'em.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:Homer ref gifted it to the spurts with two dodgy decisions. Before that they had looked hopeless and totally outplayed. After that the Albion fell apart.
Partially true.

We were outplayed for the entire first half. IMHO you can only play three up front if one is prepared to work damn hard and you have a really strong midfield three. Whilst the (justified) penalty changed the game to a degree, the real difference in the second half was swapping Davies for Keane. As the song goes "what a difference some width makes....."

It should also be noted, that we played a lot of second string players and it told in defence. Atouba is so terrible he makes me laugh out loud, so why not play a real full back like Edman.

In the second half, there was only one side in the game, and as the old adage goes...it's a game of two halves me old moon parrot.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

We had 'em! Delicious own goal!!! Can't wait to see the tedious Man City fan tomorrow. And to think this time last week I was cheering on City!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Just read about Barcelona's Eto'o who is apparently regularly abused by stupid wankers who call themselves football fans at Spanish stadiums. This time they made monkey noises every time he touched the ball, and after he scored (brilliant goal, btw) they threw peanuts at him.
He responsed by monkey-dance goal celebration, but the truth is this has gone too far and it's high time some actions were taken against these racist thugs.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Otis Westinghouse

Fuck that was depressing. Could have lived with 0-0, despite Fortune missing out on something a better player would have got, but giving that goal away was totally hopeless. Schmeichel would never have done that. We really need a better goalie. It ain't good enough. Respect to Milan, even if they are scumbag Berlusconi's team. They knew exactly what to do, and made it very difficult for us, though United should have played better and given away far fewer balls.

Was amazed to flip over and find Chelsea 1-0 up, but then in next to no time it went from that to 2-1. Still, 1-0 at the Bridge should see them through. What was the Drogba incident all about?

Arsenal have proved once and for all that they can't do it in Europe.

Fair dues to Liverpool, though shame about the stoppage time goal.

We've won in Italy twice in the Champs League. Will just have to go for 2-1 or better.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Tee-Hee
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Arsenal have proved once and for all that they can't do it in Europe.
Wenger still has about ten years to match ferusus' mightily impressive haul of one CL in 17? years

Mourhinho has now lost two matches on the trot. I think Barca will put them out. Liverpool have the best chance but cannot be backed with their inconsistent form and in particularly their dodgy away form. Mancs have a chance if rvn gets fully fit, but I still think Milan will be too strong. Arsenal are unlikely to turn around their tie but have an outside chance with an early goal. Real/Juve match is interesting.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Mourhinho has now lost two matches on the trot. I think Barca will put them out.
At least spell his name correctly. :wink:

Actually, I think you're right. But we do have that one away goal, so if we can keep a clean sheet, who knows? We're looking a little less dangerous without Robben and Drogba's been a disappointment. I still like us to win the League and Carling Cup and that would make me happy.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:We've won in Italy twice in the Champs League. Will just have to go for 2-1 or better.
Not this time I fear. Milan looked very good and my fiver each way on Utd looks dead money. Utd always have a chance with the forwards they've got, but it's Milan for the CL I think.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Re: The best 'British club side ever' (aka Gooners). The fat lady clears her throat, but I still think they are capable of scoring 2 or 3 at Highbury if Henry bother to turn up. The problem is that they are also very capable of conceding as many. The defence looks awful and it says something when they are relying on an ageing Judas like S.Cumball to come back. Can't understand why Bergkamp can't hop on a train??? :?

Not that it would have made much difference. They were woeful in Munich and Wenger didn't have a clue what to do. The difference was that Fergie was getting Utd to Q/Fs and S/Fs before they eventually won the CL (and they have done so since). You can't say that with Wenger.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Arsenal and Chelsea lost.......Tee Hee! :lol: :wink:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

At least spell his name correctly.
Moanhinho??