Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:
At least spell his name correctly.
Moanhinho??
I haven't really bought into this "Jose is such a refreshingly honest, all round good guy" crap. It's easy to be cool and relaxed when you're winning all the time. It'll be interesting to see how he well copes now that things are getting a little tougher....especially if Liverpool beat them this Sunday. Injuries to key players may take their toll - he was lucky in the first half of the season and kept a relatively settled side. I think its one of the most important League Cup Finals in years. I think a few Mancs might be cheering on the scousers for a change.
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Doesn't everyone hate Chelsea more than ever now? There's nothing like a bit of money and stringing a few wins together to get people going (me especially). I can't believe I actually want 'pool to win on Sunday, I have hated them fervently for 30 years!
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Moanhinho??

I haven't really bought into this "Jose is such a refreshingly honest, all round good guy" crap. It's easy to be cool and relaxed when you're winning all the time. It'll be interesting to see how he copes now that things are a little tougher....especially if Liverpool beat them this Sunday. I think its one of the most important League Cup Finals in years. I think a few Mancs might be cheering on the scousers for a change.
Har-dee-har-har. He's got a right to moan about Frisk - Drogba's sending off was a joke.

I think just about everyone will be cheering on the Scousers. I'll miss the Cup final, as I'll be up in Western Massachusetts visiting family on Sunday.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Doesn't everyone hate Chelsea more than ever now? There's nothing like a bit of money and stringing a few wins together to get people going (me especially). I can't believe I actually want 'pool to win on Sunday, I have hated them fervently for 30 years!
It was so much better when we were teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Wish we could go back to those days.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Jackson Monk wrote:Moanhinho??

I haven't really bought into this "Jose is such a refreshingly honest, all round good guy" crap. It's easy to be cool and relaxed when you're winning all the time. It'll be interesting to see how he copes now that things are a little tougher....especially if Liverpool beat them this Sunday. I think its one of the most important League Cup Finals in years. I think a few Mancs might be cheering on the scousers for a change.
Har-dee-har-har. He's got a right to moan about Frisk - Drogba's sending off was a joke.

I think just about everyone will be cheering on the Scousers. I'll miss the Cup final, as I'll be up in Western Massachusetts visiting family on Sunday.
Wow...impressively swift response WSS. I agree about Drogba. The ref was a joke and almost embarrasingly biased.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Jackson Monk wrote:The difference was that Fergie was getting Utd to Q/Fs and S/Fs before they eventually won the CL (and they have done so since). You can't say that with Wenger.
Precisely, thank you for saving me typing time, JM. It must keep Wenger awake at night: he's proved he can win the Premiership, but in Europe he has repeatedly shown he is lacking the managerial stature to inspire his side to greatness, in very clear contrast to the Sir and the Man in the Grey Coat.

Yeah, you're probably right about Milan. I'll be at The Fall that night, trying to be philosophical about it. What disappointed me was that for the high average age of their team and the furious unEuropean paace of it, they were able to handle it physically. So much experience and ability there. It's a familiar sight, playing against clubs who seem so much better at possession and accuracy. And they have a decent goalie too.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Fitness trouble for young Mr.Charm ?

corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Do you get medals for getting to quarter and semi finals then?
Otis Westinghouse

No, just a reputation as a team that can cut it in Europe, and respect from the wider football community.

Nice one Crouch!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well my 15 year old son has gone off for the weekend - he and his dad have Chelsea cup final tickets. I hope to god they win or he will be suicidal!! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Will be interesting.

4 points clear of Arsenal! Lovely to see Ruud feeding Rooney like that. Two great goals. Rooney is really cutting it now. It was looking horribly like a tedious 1-1 for a long time there.

Van Persie is an Arse, as befits the club he plays for.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

What a real pleasure it was to see Winger actually seeing something yesterday - the Van Persie incident - and admonishing the player. Given that he would normally back a player who'd sold his children to Michael Jackson, it was a refreshing change.......unless he's just losing it of course :wink:

Rumours of Marti Jol being stalked by Ajax. A bit of a worry. His interview last night did little to dispel the rumours and I fear he may be on his way. What then? :(
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Glen Hoddle! True about Wenger. Respect! And, as Hansen said, well done ref and linesman for being spot on about both red cards and Cole's clear offside.

Makes me said seeing Schmeichel. Where's our new Schmeichel? Paul Smith?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Makes me mad seeing Schmeichel, he's dumb. He is slightly better choice than Reid or Strachan though.
No, just a reputation as a team that can cut it in Europe, and respect from the wider football community
H ha ha ha ha, that's your funniest ever post.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Got to agree about Schmeichel - he is awful. Surely they can do better. He just tries to copy Hansen's style and fails miserably.

WELL DONE CHELSKI. They deserved it if only for Jose's hysterical gesturing to the Liverpool fans when the blues scored....priceless. :lol: :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

My son is one happy and voiceless bunny!! :lol:

By the way why does everyone keep saying Rooney is fat? When he took his shirt off this week on tv he looked like a lean mean fighting machine to me!! Not bad....not bad at all! :wink:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Good game, good game. Shame we had to lose. :x
Gillibeanz wrote:By the way why does everyone keep saying Rooney is fat? When he took his shirt off this week on tv he looked like a lean mean fighting machine to me!! Not bad....not bad at all!
He's not fat, but he does leave unsightly knuckle tracks in the pitch. *reads quote again* Jesus, Gilli, have you just hinted at fancying Wayne Rooney??
Otis Westinghouse

I'd give him one. But he has the same physique as Gazza - lean enough now in training, but clearly very prone to a large beer gut when he's my age.

Shame Liverpool missed out. Would have been happy for Elvis. Riise's goal was a cracker. Surely Morientes should have done at least 90 mins, he's not that old, and he's inspirational. Mourinho was indeed class entertainment - watching the game in solitary confinement. Was disappointed he didn't do what was expected and finally emerged, but he had the good grace to congratulate all of their players. Was Roman smiling or about to cry? His expression is permanently both at once.

SLL: glad you liked my observation. Your laughter rings hollow, but then again 'football results don't matter' TM.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I was happy to see Chelsea grab the Tin Cup, but I haven't seen a second of the match. Wy wife's out in bobsterland (Anaheim) for a conference and I'm watching the kids. Went up to my uncle's place in Massachusetts with them last night and drove back after lunch today.

Just went Pete Townshend on my old DVD player after the umpteen-millionth mechanical error message. My kids got a big laugh out of it (Daddy enraged is so funny!), so now I'm off to buy a new one tomorrow.
Otis Westinghouse

Riise's volley was SWEET (and only 49 seconds into the game!). Gerrard's own goal was tragic. He's kind of expressionless, but looked like he needed a good hug. Drogba's and Kezman's (what the fuck?) were scrappy toe pokes. Mourinho went right up to Scousers, fingers to lips going 'Shhhh' when SG headed the ball in. Deserved his red card! Chelsea had most of the possession, most of the opportunities, but even at the end of extra-time it could still have gone to penalties. if Biscan wasn't such a pile of horse poo Liverpool might have won 4-3. And Baros squandered what could have been a cracker thorugh a poor first touch. A real cup final, a melodramatic, rollercoaster. Shame Scousers didn't have their best week ever (can you believe I'm typing that? Gotta feel for the underdog), giving JM three defeats in a row. Chelsea don't look anything like as dangerous right now. We would have beaten them today, no prob. That said, Dudek pulled off some great saves today (yes, Dudek), and it could easily have been easier for Chelsea (e.g. if Carroll or Howard were in goal).
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:He's not fat, but he does leave unsightly knuckle tracks in the pitch. *reads quote again* Jesus, Gilli, have you just hinted at fancying Wayne Rooney??
Nope - just said he has a very nice body so I dont know why everyone calls him fatty!! Actually i'm quite fond of Rooney for 2 main reasons . One he has such talent at such a young age! - the other is he is the spitting image of my 18 year old nephew whom I love dearly!! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

but he's also a foul-mouthed, gobby git with bad taste, a penchant for losing his rag and combination skin problems.

...just another teenager in Blair's Britain then :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You should be in with a chance Gilli, he likes older women. He might even pay you :wink:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

so lacklustre wrote:You should be in with a chance Gilli, he likes older women. He might even pay you :wink:
No thanks Lack - im neither desperate nor broke! Come to think of it though I might do it when they are playing Tottenham....you know- make him so exhausted hes useless on the pitch......... :wink:

NOW THATS DEVOTION TO YOUR CLUB!!!! :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Come on you Blades!!! :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima