Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:
Just thought that i'd beat SLL to the punch.
Too slow, like most of the donkeys in your team.
Ummm....as slow as the Arse fans on the radio calling for Wenger's head!
corruptio optimi pessima
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Woo-hoo! Real Madrid beaten 2-1 by lowly Getafe. There's something so satisfying about seeing the Galacticos self destruct.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

As slow as the time passes for spurts fans waiting for their next trophy.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

so lacklustre wrote:As slow as the time passes for spurts fans waiting for their next trophy.
:lol: You're lot might well be waiting as long as us from now on!
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

so lacklustre wrote:Pretty desperate stuff Otis. What have you got against Wenger?
1. He's the Arsenal manager.
2. He is responsible for allowing Vieira et al turn MU v Arse games into a farce.
3. He isn't capable of getting as much silver as he thinks he is.

Roll on, May 21.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

God I'd love it to be a Blackburn V Newcastle final :lol:
corruptio optimi pessima
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

1. Understandable
2. Ha Ha, another one of your better jokes. Or are you really so blinkered?
3. Why do you hold that against him?

IMO, the man's a genius. Turned an ordinary boring side, who were defensively sound into one of the most exciting teams in the world, winning a fair few trophies en route. He ain't infalible (who is) and may have made some mistakes this season. All this on a budget that is similar or less than the likes of Newcastle (won nothing), Liverpool (a couple of cups), Tottenham (I think George Graham may have inspired them to win the League Cup, but I may be mistaken), Chelsea (now starting to get there with a bottomless pit), & not much more than the likes of Boro Birmingham, Villa, Everton etc. Certainly a lot less than Sir uphisownarseagain.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

You have to admire the style of football that Arsenal plays (or should I say played)? Absolutely devastating on the counterattack. 1-2-3 and it's in the back of the net - a style perfectly suited to that narrow pitch at Highbury. On the other hand, if you have any appreciation for defending and goalkeeping, you have to admit that they have been poor this season. On top of that, several of Arse's key players look like they just don't want to be there anymore - Reyes and Vieira especially.

Wenger annoys me because he is so totally humorless. It's strange that a mastermind of such effervescent football should be so dour in person.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Watched the Chelsea-Palace match this afternoon, Tivo'd from yesterday's Fox Soccer Channel broadcast. Great strike by Lampard for the first goal, then a terrible error by him to gift Palace an equalizer. Joe Cole has been very impressive of late - I had my doubts about him ever coming good for Chelsea, but he's been outstanding of late and is working his socks off. Drogs still looks poor, and the £24 million price tag seems more ridiculous than ever, but hey, it ain't my money.

I really hope Palace stays up this season. Of all the promoted sides, they seem to play the best football and I like Iain Dowie. I had a great time at Selhurst Park when I went there for a match in December, despite all of the negative things people say about it. Their fans and players deserve better than relegation.
Otis Westinghouse

Agreed, but it was amazing to see Earnshaw, humiliatingly only a sub, come on and get a hat-trick for West Brom away to Charlton. Despite the blow to my Fantasy players (though I did swap Primus for Clement yesterday!), I was thrilled for them. Could make the fight to avoid the drop that bit tighter. Norwich look sure to go down, and if Charlton had won, WB would have bee in there too, but now it's quite open. Then again, Siant had a cracking victory.

Ronaldo's strike was awesome. We need more of that from him. Should have got a second as well.

Shame Liverpool won!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Awesome performance by England against Ireland today in the world cup qualifiers. I cant remember a time when they looked more in control and together as a team. Everyone looked sharp - impressive stuff! Now if only we can keep up the continuity.........
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

We're right behind ya, Gilli !!!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Poland - Northern Ireland 1 : 0. :D
Bloody hell, what a nervewracking game!! I was so relieved to see us score four minutes before time.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

You used up all of your goals against Azerbaijan! :wink:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well I really do think its time Owen was dropped and Defoe given a full game. Owen was useless and actually got in the way of scoring some goals! How the hell can Defoe prove himself coming on 10 mins before the end of a game? Give him a fair go Sven!

Nice to see Becks back on form. He played a blinder - was here there and everywhere, and apart from scoring set up some fantastic chances! I hope that shuts up all those who want him dropped. :roll:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

We ain't world beaters yet though are we? Two victories against mediocre sides. Players like Beckham have no excuses for playing poorly against opposition of that low calibre. Owen was dreadful though.

In the first half it looked pedestrian and as if the match was being treated as a training match with the arrogance that "oh don't worry, we'll score in a minute". At least in the second half the tempo was upped.

Whilst I've been really impressed with Joe Cole of late, it's a bit early to champion him as being our left sided saviour. Let's see what happens if he's in the same position against quality opposition.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The Bowyer-Dyer brawl was terrific entertainment. I'd be hard pressed to think of two players that I like less, though that toerag Jody Morris comes close to joining them.

Nothing said here about Jose's recent troubles? I'm shocked. It's shaping up to be a very quiet end to the season.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Pretty bored with Moaninhos antics, he was quite amusing at the start of the season now he just an arrogant bore. Hope he burns in hell.

The Dyer/Bowyer incident was funny indeed and not surprising coming from either player or a team managed by Souness. Bowyer really is just a racist thug and imo he should be kicked out of football and burn in hell.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:Pretty bored with Moaninhos antics, he was quite amusing at the start of the season now he just an arrogant bore. Hope he burns in hell.

The Dyer/Bowyer incident was funny indeed and not surprising coming from either player or a team managed by Souness. Bowyer really is just a racist thug and imo he should be kicked out of football and burn in hell.
LOL. They're going to have to add on a new wing in hell for all of the people we'll have burning there.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SLL: Have you just taken out major shares in the coal industry? All these people burning in hell is going to cost the devil bigtime!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

A popular chant in Sunderland just now (to the tune of Show Me the Way to Amarillo):

Show me the way to Aston Villa,
Man united the scum and the burra,
SAY goodbye to the Coca-Cola,
The Premier League awaits for me....

la la la la la la la la...
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

ReadyToHearTheWorst wrote:A popular chant in Sunderland just now (to the tune of Show Me the Way to Amarillo):

Show me the way to Aston Villa,
Man united the scum and the burra,
SAY goodbye to the Coca-Cola,
The Premier League awaits for me....

la la la la la la la la...
Yes, looks like two of these three for automatic promotion - Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan. And on to join West Brom and Norwich in the Coca Cola - I hope it's Southampton, cause I think Palace deserve to stay up.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

I think Portsmouth may yet sink.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

so lacklustre wrote:I think Portsmouth may yet sink.
They are a shambles at the moment. Mandaric really shit the bed when he got rid of Redknapp. My Portsmouth-supporting friend Tom has been biting his nails lately.
Otis Westinghouse

Nice one Liverpool, two cracking goals and a great attitude in the first half. What we were lacking against Milan. Shame about the very soft away goal for Juve, but I'd say Liverpool stand a good chance. PSV in a strong position. My money's on for a Milan v Chelsea final, with Chelsea to win (I hate Berlusconi far more than Abramovich or Mourinho!) funny old game, two or three years ago there were 3 Spanish teams and, I think, no Italians. Now it's the reverse.