Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

... and nice one Sunderland! Beating Wigan away to move 8 points clear of them at the top!
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

4-2 - I'll take that. Beautiful second goal by Lampard. But that dive by Ballack at the end to win the penalty? Tsk tsk tsk. To me, that kind of nonsense brings the game into disrepute far more than anything Mourinho did. I'm sure the silence from UEFA will be deafening.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Moaninho intimates that referees are influenced by opposing managers and therefore accuses them (referees) of cheating. Hardly surprising if Chelscum subsequently get a few dodgy decisions against them.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I'm not surprised. I'm just sick of players diving. You must be used to it from watching Pires week in week out.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Nothing I hate more than dodgy divers. ( :wink: ) Bollocks to Ballack. Always hated him, nearly as much as the repulsive Kahn, my most hated football player ever (I was so vindicated when I heard what a throughly nasty scumbag he was off the pitch, a heartless, amoral, vindictive, materialist bastard). It was such a pleasure to see the git pick the ball out of the net four times. shame Lampard couldn't have shot him whilst he was at it. That blatantly wrong penalty narrows the chances somewhat, but I have faith Chelsea can do it. AC are home and dry. They will win it, surely? Next week the away leg in the same stadium!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:the repulsive Kahn, my most hated football player ever (I was so vindicated when I heard what a throughly nasty scumbag he was off the pitch, a heartless, amoral, vindictive, materialist bastard). It was such a pleasure to see the git pick the ball out of the net four times. shame Lampard couldn't have shot him whilst he was at it.
So you and Oliver won't be exchanging Christmas cards this year? My least favorite player is probably Rivaldo, for that despicable piece of play-acting against the Turks at the last World Cup.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well Spurs managed a win against Newcastle with a scrappy goal from the goalies mistake. Not impressed. Will someone please enlighten me as to why Kanoute gets a first team place every week??? The man is a waste of space! - not only can he not score a goal he cant pass to a Tottenham player either! :roll:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

At least sodding Defoe scored for a change. First time in a month or more that he's got me above 2 points, though still only a moderate 6, compared to Blackburn's Gamst Pedersen's 12! And Kiraly got -1! Amazing to see the youngest scorer yet in the Prem.

Good 'clasico' tonight, i.e. Real Madrid v Barcelona. I went to this in the Bernabeu in 1986, in fact. 4-2. Beckham and Owen both playing the kind of football that could take England far in the World Cup, if they could do that for England. Owen scored, Beckham assisted. Zidane headed one in and followed through into the goalpost - ouch! Eto'o poked in a fine one and Ronaldinho got a cracking free kick. Good value entertainment all round.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

You seem to have neglected to mention Norwich Mr Westlinghouse. Let's Be 'avin' you.
Otis Westinghouse

Arsenal for second!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Woo hoo!!! We're through and Bayern are out! Could have done without the drama at the end, but still a great result with a makeshift defense and Mourinho out. Hope we get Juve, but expect we'll end up with Liverpool.
Otis Westinghouse

Well that would be fun. Well done for beating them. nothing could bring me greater pleasure watching a non-Man U game in Europe than the look on Kahn's face after the second goal.

Shocking and depressing scenes from the San Siro. Inter fans throwing flares at the pitch. AC goalie Dida got a burned shoulder, and then the whole goal mouth was filled with flames and smoke. Utterly depraved. Match abandoned. Don't know if they have to play the remaining 15 mins in an empty stadium, but at 3-0 down Inter should just bow out. Actually, they will probably be punished for this, by non-participation next year and maybe elimination this.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Shocking and depressing scenes from the San Siro. Inter fans throwing flares at the pitch. AC goalie Dida got a burned shoulder, and then the whole goal mouth was filled with flames and smoke. Utterly depraved. Match abandoned. Don't know if they have to play the remaining 15 mins in an empty stadium, but at 3-0 down Inter should just bow out. Actually, they will probably be punished for this, by non-participation next year and maybe elimination this.
I doubt it. I expect UEFA to do little to nothing. They're too busy worrying about the important stuff, like managers failing to show up for press conferences.
Otis Westinghouse

Chelsea or Liverpool in the final! Boy is this exciting. I wonder if the Pool do make it, will Elvis get a mysterious illness the day of the Norwich gig? That was an incredibly nailbiting finish to a game. I would have been vomiting if I was a fan. Nice one Xabi!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

fuck fuck fuck, I really don't know who I want to lose most. The long hated scouse scum bastards who are supported by mrs solack or the nouveau riche flash scum bastards who are supported by my Essexboy brother.

woe is me. misery compounded.
Otis Westinghouse

So do the right thing by the missus, and in the name of Elvis Costello and the underdog, vote for Liverpool. I can't see them beating Chelsea, and I am hoping to see AC Milan beat them, though I would still be pleased to see them win it. Not as much as I will when Blackburn win 3-0 on Saturday, though.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

If Blackburn win 3-0 I'll buy you a drink (half).

Can't see Manure losing on Sunday either, not after Newcastle got smashed tonight and now have the long trip back from Lisbon before the long trip to Cardiff. Manure meanwhile have had the week off, mind you they spent it well by slagging each other off in the press.
Otis Westinghouse

Dickov! Dickov!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Not as much as I will when Blackburn win 3-0 on Saturday, though.
If nothing else, they'll kick lumps out of Arsenal. Dirtiest team in the PL by a country mile.
Otis Westinghouse

Dickov! Dickov!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:Not as much as I will when Blackburn win 3-0 on Saturday, though.
If nothing else, they'll kick lumps out of Arsenal. Dirtiest team in the PL by a country mile.
Bolton are dirty too, must be something in that Greater manchester air. Maybe they've all been infused with essence of Roy Keane.

Shear......... no I can't bring myself to do it.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Dickov! Dickov!
Otis are you trying to tell us you have had a sex change??? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Arsenal through to the final. What was it I said about Blackburn being a dirty team? Nice elbow to Van Persie's face by Todd. Looked deliberate to me.
Otis Westinghouse

Much as I adore Sparky Hughes, living Old Trafford legend, yes, they are dirty scum. Dickov can fuckov. Bergkamp looked like a useless old man and was immediately shown up by Van Persil, who would be a good contended for Blackburn given his inclinations, but didn't deserve that, I reckon too, deliberate elbow in the gob.

So it's another grudge match in the final! Roll on May 21.

Crouch for a hat-trick (though I note you've signed him too, SLL, but he's my captain!). If Defoe doesn't play (virus), and no doubt Palace's Powell will be an unused sub, if that, I will have all of 5 players in action. Disastrous double whammy of most of my players' teams not being in action and two that should have played, Melberg and Bartlett, being out for the season, it seems. I broke the rule I always go by and made two transfers, so expect to see 4+ for both, and am backing Crouch for 2 goals. They'll be really hungry for it. Is anyone else still excited by this?
Otis Westinghouse

Well the Doof did with his 62 point extravaganza, thanks to spot on Johnson captaincy. I was hoping he'd be in the top 100 for that, but only 302 or something. Not wanting to sound immodest, but after my fairly decent showing (considering all the injuries, etc.) with 38, I'm now, for the first time I think, inside the top 300 for the season on 274 or so. Will I bottle it?

Anyone see that Spurs goal? Wow!

Roll on 2pm.