EC to appear on the Late Show With David Letterman one last time, April 23, 2015

Pretty self-explanatory
Azmuda

Re: EC to appear on the Late Show With David Letterman one last time, April 23, 2015

Post by Azmuda »

docinwestchester wrote: I recorded this program and watched it later last night. Is the EC clip so brief that I missed it?
A few frames of EC appeared during a musicians montage, about 60 or 70 minutes in -- he was between
Aretha and Taylor Swift. It lasted half a second at most, as it did for most artists during the montage.

It looked like it was from a recent appearance, maybe "The Last Year Of My Youth."
And No Coffee Table

Re: EC to appear on the Late Show With David Letterman one last time

Post by And No Coffee Table »

cwr wrote:(Still hoping that the rumors of Colbert pursuing EC as Late Show bandleader are true...)
I'm not sure what this is about, but I guess it'll keep that rumor alive.

(@StephenAtHome is Stephen Colbert's Twitter account.)
erey

Re: EC to appear on the Late Show With David Letterman one last time, April 23, 2015

Post by erey »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
cwr wrote:(Still hoping that the rumors of Colbert pursuing EC as Late Show bandleader are true...)
I'm not sure what this is about, but I guess it'll keep that rumor alive.

(@StephenAtHome is Stephen Colbert's Twitter account.)
Well, that is curious, isn't it? Makes me wonder if we haven't been barking up the (just slightly) wrong tree, given that Steve is the one with experience at this job.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Steve and Pete acted as Jonathan Ross' house band so it's not inconceivable for The Imposters to do the same for Colbert. They're just as versatile as Elvis.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

The decision has been made:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/4/873083 ... on-batiste

Looks like a good choice.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

This page says Jon Batiste has "shared the stage with Elvis Costello." They both played A Great Night in Harlem in 2013, so I would guess that was where it happened.

He's related to the late Lionel Batiste, who played drums on "Stalin Malone" and "Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 2" (not "No. 4").
erey

Post by erey »

Jon Batiste seems like the kind of person/musician EC would hit it off with, which bodes well for likely guest appearances on Colbert's show.

BTW, if you want to feel old: Mr. Batiste was born the year King of America came out.