Can Anyone Spare A Fireman?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Misha

Can Anyone Spare A Fireman?

Post by Misha »

Ok, half of Southern California is on fire.....very wierd....ash eveywhere....anyone have any extra firemen you could send our way?

Almost 2,000 homes burned, something like 17 dead. The wind is back up today....

Maybe if everyone sent some water?

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I hope you're all ok over there...Scotland has plenty of rain to spare, maybe we could ask for a climatic shift?

Apparently Tom Selleck's mansion is in the line of fire (excuse the pun) and he is on evacuation alert, along with Will Smith and some other big celebs...I feel sorry for Tom though, how can he afford another mansion now that he isn't top billing?

If everyone on the west coast faces the fire and blows hard, maybe it'll extinguish the flames?
Misha

Post by Misha »

LC, lord knows there are enough blow hards over here that it should work, but getting them all to have their assistants talk to our assistants to schedule it with the press is just overwhelming... :)

Apparently we just lost three firemen to fire just now....in San Diego's fire....geez!! Will it never stop?!!

They mention drizzle tomorrow morning....C'mon LC....push that rain this way!!!!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Hang in there, Misha....we'll be thinking about you.

My brother lives in LA. I wonder if I should give him a call. Heh.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Misha--

You getting a lot of smoke/soot down there (where the freeways meet)?

Yesterday it was downright weird here DD Hollywood, with the sky all brown and the heat still Santa Ana-y. Today seems more like a normal, slightly foggy/smoggy L.A. day -- weird how the fires seem to be getting worse, in some respects.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!