Elvis live & direct on 91.3 WYEP, February 1, 2022

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Elvis live & direct on 91.3 WYEP, February 1, 2022

Post by sweetest punch »

https://twitter.com/WYEP/status/1487195 ... 15/photo/1

Tune in this Tuesday, February 1st at 2:20p for a Live & Direct (from home) Session with rock legend
@ElvisCostello

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
JPadoo

Re: Elvis live & direct on 91.3 WYEP, February 1, 2022

Post by JPadoo »

Two weeks in and now totally convinced that this is a GREAT record, as in Top 5 Elvis album ever. Get Happy!! and This Years Model have long been my 1 & 2, with Blood and Chocolate, King of America and The Juliet Letters trading places as 3-4-5… but this is so ridiculously good that may all change… I discover new depths to these songs with each listen. What else can I say that hasn’t already been written? At least half a dozen EC classics, and that may be a low estimate. Absolutely killer album.
JPadoo

Post by JPadoo »

Oops. Posted under wrong topic.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

JPadoo wrote:Two weeks in and now totally convinced that this is a GREAT record, as in Top 5 Elvis album ever. Get Happy!! and This Years Model have long been my 1 & 2, with Blood and Chocolate, King of America and The Juliet Letters trading places as 3-4-5… but this is so ridiculously good that may all change… I discover new depths to these songs with each listen. What else can I say that hasn’t already been written? At least half a dozen EC classics, and that may be a low estimate. Absolutely killer album.
eDoesn't matter which topic - you're dead right about almost everything - I'd trade TJL for Brutal Youth but otherwise - perfect !!
Whoops wrong topic too! :roll: :wink:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Words Came “Out Of Me Very Rapidly” For Elvis Costello Writing “The Boy Named If”

https://wyep.org/feature/the-words-came ... mgF638s1Bc
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.