Happy Birthday Sulky Lad

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Happy Birthday Sulky Lad

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The legendary board member who the words “an audience recording exists” was invented for is 65 today.

Thanks to you, your lapels and cassette/minidisc recorders for the fantastic work you have done over the years in opening up Elvis’ shows to the masses.

Your generosity at the meet ups and fellow fans around the world is very much appreciated.

Enjoy your day and probably the only time for a while where I will acknowledge your kindness, our friendship and my admiration for you.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sweetest punch

Re: Happy Birthday Sulky Lad

Post by sweetest punch »

Happy Birthday, Sulky!!
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

My only peace and quiet occurs in the wee hours so I missed this on the actual day ( as I work on part of my 40- year anniversary recordings from 1983) and once again, I'm touched by and grateful for the kind words and wonderful friendship of VG - and all those I've been fortunate to meet and share my love of Elvis and his live work. Long may we all be able to share the joy of those wonderful performances !
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

All hail to the Archivist, Elvis' own unpaid Glynn Johnns.

In England at aged 65 you used to be able to draw your 'old age pension' but times have changed.

This may no longer be the last year of your youth but it's a great excuse to hear EC croon on about his :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvd_mejpWQc

Best wishes

Colin
emotional_fascism076

Post by emotional_fascism076 »

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope it was good to you. Thank you for preserving the EC archives. Your time and efforts mean alot.
Who on earth is tapping at the window?
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Sulky is a legend! 😎
That’s it!
krm

Post by krm »

Goon Squad wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:47 pm Sulky is a legend! 😎
That’s it!
Not much more to add! Sulky is just great.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Happy Birthday, Sulky. Thanks for all the great recordings and I would echo everything that VG said. Your dedication and generosity is much appreciated and admired by everyone!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Happy Birthday, David. Still have fond memories of meeting you at Meltdown 95, and the very kind letter you wrote me the following year after my personal tragedy has never left me.

dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Oops, see below.
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

God bless my fellow fellow in so many aspects. Your efforts, your joy in sharing, your unending resolve towards strengthening the legacy of our guy live AND being a Libra too....all remind me of someone so very dear to me: ME!!! :D :D
HAPPY YEARS AHEAD MY GREAT FRIEND! ba
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Once again, so touched by the generous comments and thoughts from all my dear friends in Elvis. I'm lucky to have been able to meet so many of you and to be able to share my love of the man and his live work in particular - and I WILL be in NY one day I promise BA !
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:08 am Once again, so touched by the generous comments and thoughts from all my dear friends in Elvis. I'm lucky to have been able to meet so many of you and to be able to share my love of the man and his live work in particular - and I WILL be in NY one day I promise BA !
I TRUST