Costello and Nieve, Dublin (Ireland), 27 / 28 / 30 Sep & 1 Oct, 2024: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Pretty self-explanatory
sweetest punch

Costello and Nieve, Dublin (Ireland), 27 / 28 / 30 Sep & 1 Oct, 2024: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.elviscostello.com/uncategor ... et-dublin/

(…)
Following the acclaim for their 2023 appearance at the National Concert Hall, Costello and Nieve return to Dublin to close the tour with a four-night stand at Vicar St, during which they will present something approaching 100 songs in four different programmes.
(…)

Last edited by sweetest punch on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Costello and Nieve four-night run in Dublin: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Post by sweetest punch »

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/1 ... ar-street/

Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve to play four nights at Dublin's Vicar Street

They will take to the stage at the Dublin venue on 27, 28, 30 September and 1 October.

Tickets go on sale on Friday 8 December at 10am via Ticketmaster.

The gigs are part of a 15-date tour of Ireland and the UK that kicks off in September 2024.

The collaboration between Costello and Nieve has spanned over 45 years, with appearances together on 25 albums.

Since early 2023 - when Costello played ten nights at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City - the songwriter has taken a deeper, more curious look at his back catalogue.

From late August to early October 2023, Costello and Nieve visited twenty-two European cities, performing songs that had rarely, if ever, featured in concert.

They will perform something approaching 100 songs in four different programmes for the upcoming run at Vicar Street.

A season ticket for all four Vicar Street shows can be purchased for €246.25 (subject to fees).
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Re: Costello and Nieve four-night run in Dublin: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Post by sweetest punch »

Teresa the Waitress

Re: Costello and Nieve, Dublin (Ireland), 27 / 28 / 30 Sep & 1 Oct, 2024: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Post by Teresa the Waitress »

I love this poster design, and I have only just noticed the photos of Steve Nieve framing it!
Man out of Time

Re: Costello and Nieve, Dublin (Ireland), 27 / 28 / 30 Sep & 1 Oct, 2024: 100 songs in four different programmes.

Post by Man out of Time »

For anyone with tickets for these shows, or considering it, I understand that the four nights will include appearances by guest artists, in the same way as the run of shows at the Gramercy Theatre last year.

The same may also be true for the two nights at the London Palladium (21-22 September).

MOOT
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Nick Lowe will play the National Concert Hall in Dublin on September 28 (during Elvis’s residency): https://www.nch.ie/all-events-listing/nick-lowe/
Maybe he will join Elvis and Steve on one of the other dates?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Hard not to think otherwise!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?