The Birds Will Still Be Singing

Pretty self-explanatory
Toy Soldier-Scaremonger

The Birds Will Still Be Singing

Post by Toy Soldier-Scaremonger »

I'd like to apologize in advance to those who might be ticked at my posting this but I feel the cathartic need if I may. Last week in response to Laughing Crow's Birds post I mentioned my beloved Parrot named Scarlet because of his beautiful tail. Hours after my post I played the song he'd love to whistle to and he didn't make a sound. The following day he slept throughout without eating and I rushed him to the vet. He remained there in intensive care in an oxygen chamber because of a respiratory problem from which he died this morning. I just find it so unbelieveable and strange that right after my mentioning him for the first time on this or any other site that he fell seriously ill. I miss him very, very dearly. In terms of addressing EC, I will be very eager to hear him perform his new song this Sunday at the Oscar's because of it having the name Scarlet in it. If any of you are bird lovers or have experienced anything similar to this bizarre and tragic situation I'd respectfully invite you to private message me which I'd greatly appreciate.
I can't remember being any younger.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm very sorry for your loss and sent you a more in-depth pm. :(
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Im very sorry to hear about that ToySoldier :( ...I know how beautifully receptive parrots can be.
Toy Soldier-Scaremonger

Post by Toy Soldier-Scaremonger »

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to all those terrific people who were kind enough to send me their well wishes. I was truly overwhelmed and have never been more pleased or proud to be a Costello fan! :wink:
Last edited by Toy Soldier-Scaremonger on Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't remember being any younger.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

So sorry I missed this before TSS. Losing any pet is awful, and one that is hugely intelligent and sensitive, like a parrot, must be awful. I'm sorry.