Am I the only one who thinks the new Who song is TOTAL CRAP?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
clairequilty

Am I the only one who thinks the new Who song is TOTAL CRAP?

Post by clairequilty »

Eddie Vedder says it's the best rock music ever?

Am I mistaken, or does it sound like mid-80's Roger Daltrey?

I don't listen to radio and only dialed it up on Rhapsody yesterday, so if I missed the first wave of praise/ridicule please excuse me.
migdd

Post by migdd »

WHO ARE YOU was the Who's swan song. . .simple as that!
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

Somebody please tell Pete Townshend.
clairequilty

Post by clairequilty »

I think Eddie may have hitched his wagon to the wrong star. If you wanna make art, head towards Arizona and paint rebel landscapes with Paul Cinnamon, er Simien, er Simonnon, er, the cool guy on the cover of London Calling!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I love the old Who stuff, but wasn't too impressed with it either.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Who Are You...as the swansong???? You've obviously never heard Quadropenia, Who's Next or Who By Numbers??? Not to mention Tommy?!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Pov

Post by Pov »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:Who Are You...as the swansong???? You've obviously never heard Quadropenia, Who's Next or Who By Numbers??? Not to mention Tommy?!
Cope, I think you misunderstood the post. A "swansong" means a final appearance. The albums you stated are all great - among my all time favorites in fact, but they all pre-date Who Are You. I think migdd was lamenting the fact that they really did nothing after Who Are You that could match what they did previously.
chris kennedy

Post by chris kennedy »

2 things to consider...the song played live was much better than on record...and the video is great, footage of Elvis Presley & The Who...kind of put it in a new light for me. I give them an E for effort.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

POV..oh yeah *GG thanks.....I kinda took it to mean their Zenith :lol: Keith died....so whatta do? By the way, I saw them play Quad in San Jose CA, about 7 years ago with Ringo Starr's son on drums....that was incredibly hot.........Zack Starkey is damn good. Pete's bro' was playing lead guitar.....Billy Idol and Garry Glitter made appearances....that was the best concert I have ever seen.........even better than the 50-60 Dead shows I have seen.

I still think that Face Dances is cool............or just grab some of Pete's records after Who Are You.........
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I think Pete & Rog should keep on doing what they're doing. I'm curious. I mean, we all know it's not That Who, but it's better than no Who at all.

I got the new Kids Are Alright DVD two weeks ago and that is the greatest way to observe and celebrate this band. Their Rock & Roll circus version of A Quick One is amazing.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu