See you in a few days

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
noiseradio

See you in a few days

Post by noiseradio »

I'm going to be out of town for a few days. The man I was named for, who was my father's best friend, and whom we all called Uncle, died. He was closer to our family than many of our real relatives. It was a long time coming, but it is still a huge blow.

I'll talk to you all when I get back.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Sorry to hear your sad news Noise. *Cyber hug making its way down the phone lines as we speak.* :(

I hope the funeral goes as well as one can go. will be thinking of you and your family at this sad time, and look forward to your return.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

My condolences Noise...take care!
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

taz wrote:My condolences Noise...take care!
likewise from me. best wishes for a smooth trip.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

Sorry about your loss, noise.
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
bobster

Post by bobster »

Sorry, to. Not much else to say.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

My condolences.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Thanks for your condolences, all. And thanks for the very nice private messages. I will answer them personally.

It's the strangest thing about funerals. I was unexpectedly in my hometown, surrounded by people I love very much. Friends and family that would do anything for. Sleeping in the guest room of my oldest friend and her husband, whom I had not seen nor really had a conversation with for 7 years. I saw the house I lived in from birth to graduation (now covered with battleship-grey aluminum siding, obscuring the the former stately white wood), and I ate lunch in the kitchen of my old next door neighbor's house. I had not felt that Baltimore was my home anymore for about 10 years. And in most ways it is not. But it turns out that home is not where you live (or even where you hang your head). It's where people love you and you love them. Where you can be gone for a day, a week, or 7 years and pick up right where you left off. I feel very lucky to find that I have a home in so many places.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Oh Noise, I just saw this post! I'm so sorry. I got back into town late on Tuesday and didn't look around the board much for a day or two.

You're lucky to feel that good about going home again. When I went back to Chattanooga for my brother's funeral last year it was the most awkward thing to be back in that town. I left there only 7 years ago and yet I was treated mostly like a stranger by friends and family (a dysfunctional lot they are). It was as if I had done something wrong by moving away. I didn't let it get to me much, because moving was one of the best things I ever did and I know that for sure.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. :(
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

noise wrote:
But it turns out that home is not where you live (or even where you hang your head). It's where people love you and you love them.

that statement belongs in the "one true thing" thread. it's one reason why i LOVE the Twin Cities - i've never lived there, but i have good friends there, and it feels like home every time i visit.

welcome back.