This Sunday.

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
wehitandrun

This Sunday.

Post by wehitandrun »

What special thing should we do to commemorate the occasion?
Last edited by wehitandrun on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Marry her and make an honest woman of her!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

1. You could untie her.
2. Is she old enough to have sex ?

Happy Anniversary.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Get drunk on good wine while listening to Elvis' songs.

All the best to you both.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Ah, one month...

So young, so young :lol:
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

exactly what I was thinking, Blue. We just celebrated our 22nd. that's in years, not months.

WHAR, you don't want to overdo it. Hopefully, there will be a 2 month and you'll have to top the 1st month then (take her to see Nick Lowe then). it's a game of escalation. 8) but you don't want to underdo it either....
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Pov

Post by Pov »

stormwarning wrote:1. You could untie her.
2. Is she old enough to have sex ?

Happy Anniversary.
That's funny! :D

I agree I wouldn't make too big a deal of one month. Take her out to nice dinner.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Let me post my disclaimer at the outset:

*THIS SHOULD IN NO WAY BE CONSTRUED AS A INDICTMENT AGAINST YOUNG LOVE, OLD LOVE, ANY LOVE AT ALL, NOR INDEED WHAR*

I've never really gotten on the celebrating-monthly-anniversaries bandwagon, and I'll tell you why. It looks desperate and groping, as if you are saying "Thank God I've found someone who could actually tolerate spending an ENTIRE MONTH with me. Let's blow out the stops! Because as soon as you figure out how inferior I am, you'll be out of here and we may never get this opportunity again!!!!"

So perhaps I appear old and cynical. Old, yes; cynical, no. I'm all for celebrating milestones, but in proportion to the occasion. 50 years requires a big bash; one month, a nicer-than-usual dinner, perhaps, or some flowers.

And as Moody points out, how will you top it for your 6-week anniversary? The escalation will get ridiculous. How will you ever celebrate your 50th year? Better start saving for that shuttle trip to the moon!

Or perhaps I appear to be a cheap date, which is so true.

So, recognize the occasion, but don't, as they say, blow your wad prematurely. Always good advice.

*please see disclaimer above!* and have fun.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

The last time I celebrated a one-month anniversary, I had serious doubts about the relationship by the two-month anniversary. When the three-month anniversary rolled around, we had just gotten back together after our first breakup. Right around the time of the four-month anniversary, he told me that everything I was passionate about bored him to tears, and by the five-month anniversary, I was getting my things back from his apartment. So I think I'm with Goody here.