Love That Burns

Pretty self-explanatory
martinfoyle

Love That Burns

Post by martinfoyle »

The original of Love That Burns, which Elvis has been covering recently, is now available as part of a great re-issue of the Fleetwood Mac album it first appeared on.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 17-8891963

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 34-4117402

Got it in town just now while looking for the latest re-issues. Alas, Elvis neglect of his former hometown has paid off, none to be found. Still this great 'Mac re-issue will keep me going.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Those early Fleetwood Mac albums are great -- and a pretty far cry from the Buckingham/Nicks era, for those of you who haven't heard. Here in the US unfortunately we have to rely on the imports to hear these. Some of those tunes were better British blues than Cream, if you ask me.

I finally found a vinyl copy of the original Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album, with the reddish cover; unfortunately it's got a skip on Need Your Love So Bad.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I love Rattlesnake Shake. Peter Green and the early FM were a great influence on Joe Perry and those great early Aerosmith albums in terms of guitar jamming.
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

As a pimply rock loving teenager, I had a poster on my wall of a mane of black hair with a guitar neck sticking out. I proudly told my chums it was axe hero Jimmy Page.

Some years later I was becoming disillusioned with the rock dinosaur, and had discovered the more authentic blues of early Fleetwood Mac.

Imagine my surprise when, on taking down said poster, hitherto unnoticed small print identified the subject as none other than Peter Green!

BTW Man of the World still makes me cry.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
Sour Milk Cow

Post by Sour Milk Cow »

I wonder if Love That Burns will be on the new album. It seems like a good possibility, given that he played it at the April concerts where he was trying out new material, and carried it over to the July Lincoln Center evening when he was previewing Delivery Man songs.

It seems like it's been a long time since he included a cover version on one of his albums. (A really long time if you don't count Kojak Variety.)