The other Elvis

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Branst

The other Elvis

Post by Branst »

I know everyone here loves (or should love) Elvis Costello but what does everyone think about the other Elvis (Presley)?

I really enjoy listening to Elvis Presley. Lots of great songs. He had such a beautiful and unique voice. Although I don't like every single song he recorded like our Elvis, most of the stuff I've heard I liked. I'm just wondering if I'm alone here in being a double Elvis fan?
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

I've got 4 of the boxed sets - I've been to Graceland and the Elvis-O-Rama museum in Las Vegas. I've got '68 Comeback Special on DVD.

I'm just a casual fan. I especially like the early stuff, but there is still something magical about the 60's and 70's material as well.

Anyone who is interested in Elvis should check out both of Guralnick books.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Other Elvis? There is only one Elvis....well for me anyway! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I'm a casual fan....I like what I suppose are the 'hits'...especially Suspicious Minds, Wonder of you, and Viva Las Vegas!
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

His image - especially in the 70's - is not exactly to my taste but some songs are really good.
I'd say In the Ghetto, Always On Mind, Don't Be Cruel and Suspicious Minds are my favourites.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

As I mentioned in another thread, my parents saw him in Memphis the last time he played there. I have many memories of Elvis Live from Hawaii playing on 8-track in my house while I was in junior high.

I enjoyed hearing Elvis Costello playing some Elvis Presley songs and making references to him during the Memphis shows. I'm sure he likes at least some of his songs as well.

I do like Fever, Suspicious Minds, and I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. :)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I love the early Sun singles like "That's Alright (Mama)", "Blue Moon Of Kentucky", and "Mystery Train"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.