New EC song: River In Reverse

Pretty self-explanatory
bambooneedle

New EC song: River In Reverse

Post by bambooneedle »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170385,00.html

excerpts:

Saturday night at Town Hall on West 43rd St. — a block or so from where its legendary offices were once housed until Conde Nast moved it away to a skyscraper — The New Yorker magazine gave a concert to raise dough for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

It was the crowning final event of the three-day New Yorker Festival, and it raked in between $200,000 and $300,000 in ticket sales, less expenses. Not bad.

Elvis Costello emerged from the wings with his guitar and sang a powerful song (which he later told me he'd written that afternoon) called "River in Reverse."
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

http://www.newyorker.com/online/events
Parting the Waters
The New Yorker presents an evening of words and music from New Orleans and the Delta to benefit Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Tickets cost $250, $100, and $50.

The New Yorker will donate a hundred per cent of ticket-sale proceeds from this event to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund, and Condé Nast Publications, Inc., will match the donation.

Readings and performances by Buckwheat Zydeco, Patricia Clarkson, Elvis Costello, Willem Dafoe, David Byrne and Les Misérables Brass Band, Eddy Davis and His New Orleans Jazz Band featuring Woody Allen, Richard Ford, Gary Louris and Mark Olson from the Jayhawks, Leigh (Little Queenie) Harris, Terrence Howard, Kevin Kline, Audra McDonald, Toni Morrison, Mary-Louise Parker, Queen Ida and Her Zydeco Band, the ReBirth Brass Band, Lou Reed, Allen Toussaint, Calvin Trillin, and Walter Wolfman Washington and the Roadmasters.

Tickets are available now at ticketmaster.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets, or by phone: 877-391-0545. Tickets are also available at the Town Hall box office.

Can’t make this event? Listen to a special one-hour NPR broadcast of highlights from “Parting the Waters” on Wednesday, September 28th, starting at twelve noon, on WNYC, in New York. Or listen to an archive recording after Wednesday at

http://www.wnyc.org/about/media_27.html.

September 24, 7:30 p.m.
New York, N.Y.
Town Hall
123 West 43rd St.
877-391-0545
verena

Post by verena »

"River in Reverse" ? Great title. It is no surprise that you should be the one to report this, Bamboo, in light of your fascination for a certain river.

Would you tell us the name of your river(s) ? That question kept me wondering for a while. The Mississipi n' also the Thames, may be one answer, I thought. :)
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

That makes two new songs for an upcoming album ;)
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

verena wrote:Would you tell us the name of your river(s) ? That question kept me wondering for a while.
The closest river to me is the Parramatta river but come to think of it I have always prefered watching creeks.
verena

Post by verena »

Your answer sounds sarcastic somehow, or else kind of upset. It makes me sad to realise I may have provoked this.

Forgive me if I offended you. I wasn't demanding anything (how could I?). I was seeking to know what river you may have had in mind when you chose your location. I always thought it was a good one. My question was awkward, probably.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

verena wrote:Your answer sounds sarcastic somehow, or else kind of upset.
verena - not if you realize how beautiful some creeks are.

Here is the Parramatta river: http://www.dlwc.nsw.gov.au/care/water/e ... tta-00.jpg
whar

Post by whar »

Yes everyone, his humor is still terrible, unfunny... just terribly unfunny. Sometimes cringe-worthy.
Oy with the poodles, already!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Just cos you're hung like a second-grader it's no reason to assume about other people. I wasn't trying to be funny, dumbass.
whar

Post by whar »

BANG! POW!
He does it again.
Oy with the poodles, already!