Elvis or elton....Who's the more versatile composer?

Pretty self-explanatory
billyboy2674

Elvis or elton....Who's the more versatile composer?

Post by billyboy2674 »

I saw this on the crazywater forum and think it is a testament to Elvis's talent and diversity that he would be would be discussed about and even praised on an Elton john forum. :lol:
Anyway,I wanted to know who you consider to be the most versatile of our pop era,and if you have any third or fourth names I'm all eyes.....

http://p211.ezboard.com/fthecrazywatere ... =1&stop=20
-let me tell you about her-
hush now,I've said too much.......
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

( Scanned from print edition ; not on 'net edition )

The Independent , May 11 '06

I am not in the habit of criticising celebrity publicists. Not only is it pointless, but also, in our professional as well as private life, we must all choose which battles to fight — life’s too short. However, journalists feel at their most perf\inctory when they are used simply as conduits. And if celebrity PRs had their way, conduits are all we’d ever be.

In the record industry, journalists are treated as little else. This is especially apparent when we are invited to a studio to listen to a selection of tracks from an artist’s new record, without being able to take it away with us. Not in case we flog it on eBay, you understand, but in case we play it enough to form an opinion.

A potentially odder situation is when you’re invited to a playback with the artists themselves, where the celebrity is actually in the room with you. This has happened to me with everyone from Burt Bacharach to David Bowie, and it can be unspeakably embarrassing.

My worst moment was in Shepherd’s Bush, years ago, as John Lydon played me songs from a new LP, stopping after every song to gauge my opinion. ‘Which, after the odd “amazingâ€