Bruce and the Sox

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

Bruce and the Sox

Post by selfmademug »

Sometimes the world jumps in and gives you a little present when you most need it. I got two today-- the Red Sox whooping the Yankees' collective butts in NY (I daren't make any hopeful comments for reasons Red Sox fans will understand, I heard a quote from a sports writer today saying being a Sox fan is like watching THE WIZARD OF OZ over and over, but with Dorothy and Toto getting killed), and a last-minute single ticket to see Bruce in Fenway Park tonight. I can barely explain what a bizarre mix of bits of my history this constitutes, but in any case, I'm glad for it, and needed something like this about now.

Will report back about Bruce.

Signed,

Lucky Mixed-Up Mug
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Hope you enjoy the show, SMM...

I'm going to see Bruce on Wednesday night at the SkyDome here in Toronto. Not normally a fan of stadium shows, but should be fun anyway, and we have pretty good seats.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

False alarm... the ticket fell through. :cry: Something of a theme for me this week...
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

poor mug! major bummer about the ticket.

i heard you could hear soundchecks from the area of fenway, but they were really trying to keep it down for fear of antagonizing the neighbors. there are places to live near fenway that aren't student ghettos? i had no clue.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
tallulah

Post by tallulah »

Sorry it fell through for you, dear!

Had to say though that I could hear the concert SO CLEARLY from my house last night (about three miles away, my neighbors and I estimated). When I could hear every word of THUNDER ROAD, I basically started crying, it was so amazing that the sound carried so crystal clear all the way to me - raised on Bruce!

Anyway, we danced in the street - it was lovely. :D