DMC speaks out!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

DMC speaks out!

Post by BlueChair »

"I listen to Creedence Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones -- classic rock," DMC (of Run-D.M.C.) tells Billboard. "This music isn't old to me, because I never heard it before. For me to keep rapping, we've got to dominate the universe now. We've already dominated the world in mind and thought. It's all about the music. I'm a little older now. I want to be the Bruce Springsteen, Roy Orbison of [rap] music. I'm going to keep rapping, but I want to try to make it better for everybody."

The Roy Orbison of rap music. That rules!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Yet another reason why I love Run DMC so much.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Joe Porterhouse

Post by Joe Porterhouse »

Every time I see an interview with DMC, I am always struck with what a cool cat he is.I bet he'd be fun to go hang out and have a beer with at the local watering hole.Or celebrate Christmas In Hollis with by knocking back a few nogs.Whatever's in season.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I don't really know much about Run DMC except the Aerosmith thing and It's Like That...

but, I did buy the dvd of Red Dragon a couple of months back, and in the extras, Run plays the attendant who discovers the Tooth Fairy's notes hidden in Lecters cell...but they cut the majority of it from the actual film I think. Still, nice bit o' trivia.
A rope leash

Junior

Post by A rope leash »

I like DMC alright, but I suspect he listens to the old-boy rock in an effort to grab "samples". I just can't see him cruising NYC or LA with Down on the Corner blasting from the car audio!