Seein' The Boss tomorrow night!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
BlueChair

Seein' The Boss tomorrow night!

Post by BlueChair »

Watch this space for a full report!
Pov

Post by Pov »

You'll have a great time. I've seen him >60 times and even on those rare occasions where he is not completely on he's still one of the best live acts out there. It was tough for me to pass on Shea Stadium tix, but I just hate seeing concerts there and I just saw him twice at Giants Stadium.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I saw The Stones last night in a 7,000 seater indoor arena. Jolly good fun.

(And still EC wont come home to Dublin... moan... moan... )

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

DrJ wrote:I saw The Stones last night in a 7,000 seater indoor arena. Jolly good fun.

(And still EC wont come home to Dublin... moan... moan... )

DrJ
Was that version of Wild Horses done by Mick with Andrea Corr as ghastly as it sounds?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

The Bruce concert was excellent. Unfortunately, he played WAY too many songs from The Rising, and WAY too many songs from Born In The U.S.A. (though it was neat to hear "Bobby Jean").

However, the gems made the whole night worthwhile. He opened with a tribute to Warren Zevon, a stripped-down acoustic cover of "My Ride's Here" with some of the E-Street Band helping out. He also did an amazing rendition of "Jungleland." And "Because The Night"! The encores were incredible, he even broke the 11 o'clock curfew (though I'm not sure SkyDome would even have an 11 curfew since baseball games are allowed to go later than that) and played "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)"!!!

All in all a great show. The last time I saw Bruce he had a much better setlist, but it was still great to see him again.
HolyCoatAndHat

Post by HolyCoatAndHat »

Thanks for the update on the Springsteen show. I am going to see him on the 27th at Miller Park.

I hope that he will do something by Zevon in Milwaukee. Accidentally Like a Martyr would be my choice for the Boss.

Speaking of Zevon, I will be watching a tribute to him on VH1 in a few minutes. A friend of mine told me that he saw it tonight and he had problems holding back the tears a few times. If you missed it tonight, it will be on VH1 at 5:00 EST on Thursday, Sept 11.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Holy, I watched the special on Monday night. It was impossible not to cry, but also impossible not to be happy for Warren--he got a chance to say goodbye in style, and he seemed to enjoy every moment of his life before he left. What a way to go...he was a lucky man.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Yeah, Wild Horses wasn't great. We didn't figure it was Andrea Corr till halfway through. We were sitting at the back, the sound, as it always is in The Point, wasn't great, but it was The Stones and overall worth it.

DrJ

I'll post my crummy pix later.
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Catching Bruce solo on his Ghost of Tom Joad remains the best concert I have ever witnessed in my life.
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Here's a pic... I was sitting at the back...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu