Happy birthday verbal gymnastics!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
PlaythingOrPet

Happy birthday verbal gymnastics!

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

This fine young chap is 40 today.

Have a drink on me, buddy. Image
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Yeah, many happy returns fella!

If you have a party, go easy on the cake and pop!

:D
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I'm right behind you, VG, since I just turned 39. Let me know just what I'm in for next year, will 'ya? :)

And anyway, you're newly married, seen Elvis recently - I mean, how bad can life be at 40 anyway?
:wink:
I enjoy your correspondence my dear. You enjoy your day!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Now, 40's not so bad, is it?

Or is it? still undecided.

Happiest of Bdays to you!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

A very happy one to you, Verbal (I always think of the Kevin S. character in USUAL SUSPECTS when I hear that!)! I'll never see Santa's Little Helper now without thinking of you.

Life begins, again, at 40. :!:
bobster

Post by bobster »

Happy Birthday. The forties (I'm still fairly new here myself) are pretty much like the thirties, which are pretty much like your twenties, just with more sleep.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Happy birthday dude!! Life begins at 40.....now I dont wanna put a dampener on your party but you are also now half way to 80!! :lol:

seriously have a great day and enjoy!!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Happy birthday, Verbal!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Many happy ones. That photo doesn't work, for me at least, PorP. You beat me to it. I'm in the Spooky camp. I've slept less throughout my 30s than I did in my 20s. I've perfected sleep deprivation as a way of life.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Ah - Thank You everybody.

Plaything - the photos didn't come out. Maybe that's just as well! You don't know what I look like anyway! The only visible clue is that you can see the back of my head on the Shot With His Own Gun clip on the Radio 2 website!

I had a great day on Saturday. Big party on Saturday night and big hangover on Sunday morning.

Still, yesterday Mrs VG decided that she's never drinking again! So she had a good time. And I've found out from at least 3 people that she loves them! :roll: Ah the wonders and perils of alcohol...

Thanks for your good wishes - it's nice to know you care even though I've never physically met any of you. Yet.

Cheers
VG
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

It wasn't a photo, it was a cool little 'Happy Birthday' message. I posted it on my laptop, but then I had to move over to my rubbish computer and it had disappeared the next time I logged in.

You do know I'm going to get that photo out of you one way or the other, VG?! As I've said before, back of heads at Elvis Costello concerts do not count!