U2 Announces Joshua Tree Reissue

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

U2 Announces Joshua Tree Reissue

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

My second favorite U2 album after Achtung Baby.

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article ... 1003658805
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking this one up. Great album.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
BlueChair

Re: U2 Announces Joshua Tree Reissue

Post by BlueChair »

I guess Universal is happy with how the Joshua Tree reissue went. Double-disc remastered editions of Boy, October and War are all set for release on May 20.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I'll give October a miss, that definitely hasn't aged well, but grab the other 2. Now all they have to do is re-issue The Unforgetable fire & Achtung Baby and your collection of worthwhile U2 will be complete.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Positive review for the TYM reissue at the bottom of the page, at least...

http://www.amazon.com/This-Years-Model- ... _m_title_3 :lol: :lol:
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

You know - I've never been able to find that Joshua Tree reissue in Canada. I guess I'll have to pick it up next time I'm in the States.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Another U2 title being re-issued-

Under A Blood Red Sky

U.K.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Blood-Red ... 086&sr=8-5

June 23, 2008

U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/Under-Blood-Red-S ... 373&sr=8-2

July 10, 2008
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

The U2 re-issues are now set for late July

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2216

Maybe the further delay was caused by finally coming to some sort of arrangement with Sony over the bands early releases on Columbia in Ireland. We'll see.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The delays are probably of some sort of tax benefit to the U2 corporation.

I must get the Joshua Tree reissue.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A U2 person tells me -

BOY / OCTOBER / WAR WITH FULL TRACKLIST

U2’s first three albums have been re-mastered and will be released by Universal on July 18th

Following the re-mastered release of The Joshua Tree last year, Edge has overseen a similar re-mastering of Boy (1980), October (1981) and War (1983), all of which have been re-mastered from the original audio tapes.

Each album will be released in physical and digital formats; as a standard single disc, a deluxe double version including a disc of b-sides, live tracks and rarities, and an LP version pressed on 180gm virgin vinyl

The packaging on all three titles has been restored and expanded, with new liner notes for each record, previously unseen photos and full lyrics.

The full tracklistings and format information is as listed

BOY

Standard format:

A single CD with re-mastered audio and restored packaging.
Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Paul Morley

Tracklisting:
1. I Will Follow 2. Twilight 3. An Cat Dubh 4. Into The Heart 5. Out Of Control 6. Stories For Boys 7. The Ocean 8. A Day Without Me 9. Another Time, Another Place 10. The Electric Co. 11. Shadows And Tall Trees.

Deluxe format:

A standard CD (as above) and a bonus CD.
Bonus CD includes b-sides, live tracks and rarities.
Also includes a 32 page booklet with previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Paul Morley, and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting:
1. I Will Follow (Previously Unreleased Mix) 2. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock 3. Touch 4. Speed Of Life (Previously Unreleased Track) 5. Saturday Night (Previously Unreleased Track) 6. Things To Make And Do 7. Out Of Control 8. Boy-Girl 9. Stories For Boys 10. Another Day 11. Twilight 12. Boy-Girl (Live at The Marquee, London ) 13. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Live at The Marquee, London – Previously Unreleased Version) 14. Cartoon World (Live at The National Stadium, Dublin – Previously Unreleased Track)

Vinyl format:

A single album re-mastered version on 180gram vinyl with restored packaging.

Tracklisting:
Side One 1. I Will Follow 2. Twilight 3. An Cat Dubh 4. Into The Heart 5. Out Of Control

Side Two 1. Stories For Boys 2. The Ocean 3. A Day Without Me 4. Another Time, Another Place 5. The Electric Co. 6. Shadows And Tall Trees.

OCTOBER

Standard format:

Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Neil McCormick .

Tracklisting:
1. Gloria 2. I Fall Down 3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window 4. Rejoice 5. Fire 6. Tomorrow 7. October 8. With A Shout 9. Stranger In A Strange Land 10. Scarlet 11. Is That All

Deluxe format:

Also includes a 32 page booklet with previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Neil McCormick , and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting:
1. Gloria (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London ) 2. I Fall Down (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London ) 3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London ) 4. Fire (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London ) 5. October (Live at Hammersmith Palais, London ) 6. With A Shout (Richard Skinner BBC Session) 7. Scarlet (Richard Skinner BBC Session) 8. I Threw A Brick Through A Window (Richard Skinner BBC Session) 9. A Celebration 10. J. Swallo 11. Trash, Trampoline And The Party Girl 12. I Will Follow (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston ) 13. The Ocean (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston ) 14. The Cry/Electric Co. (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston ) 15. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Live at Paradise Theatre, Boston ) 16. I Will Follow (Live From Hattem , Netherlands ) 17. Tomorrow (Bono & Adam Clayton, Common Ground Remix)

Vinyl format:

Tracklisting:
Side One 1. Gloria 2. I Fall Down 3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window 4. Rejoice 5. Fire

Side Two 1. Tomorrow 2. October 3. With A Shout 4. Stranger In A Strange Land 5. Scarlet 6. Is That All?

WAR

Standard format:

Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full lyrics and new liner notes by Niall Stokes.

Tracklisting:
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Seconds 3. New Year’s Day 4. Like A Song… 5. Drowning Man 6. The Refugee 7. Two Hearts Beat As One 8. Red Light 9. Surrender 10. "40"

Deluxe format:

Also includes a 32 page booklet with previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Niall Stokes, and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting:
1. Endless Deep 2. Angels Too Tied To The Ground (Previously Unreleased Track) 3. New Year’s Day (7” single edit) 4. New Year’s Day (USA Remix) 5. New Year’s Day (Ferry Corsten Extended Vocal Mix) 6. New Year’s Day (Ferry Corsten Vocal Radio Mix) 7. Two Hearts Beat As One (Long Mix) 8. Two Hearts Beat As One ( USA Remix) 9. Two Hearts Beat As One (Club Version) 10. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete The Chop)

Vinyl format:

Tracklisting:
Side One 1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Seconds 3. New Year’s Day 4. Like A Song... 5. Drowning Man

Side Two 1. The Refugee 2. Two Hearts Beat As One 3. Red Light 4. Surrender 5. "40"
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Great to finally have those track listings -- especially with "A Celebration" and all those B-sides. Time to start saving.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

The re-issues are in the shops in Dublin this weekend, at a stupefying €30 each. Needless to say I've downloaded them for free and will get the actual double disc packages ( the single disc versions are selling for €15) when they get reduced to a tenner. I haven't listened to them yet but I heard Out Of Control ( the album version) on the radio the other day and , even on a crappy ghetto blaster in my kitchen, it sounded far superior to any mix I've heard before.
wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Amazon in the US (dunno about the UK or elsewhere) is promoting a box set edition of the first three expanded albums ("with room for a fourth") for just over $60. Of course, it's already been delayed, but those wishing to save money might be well recommended to got for them in bulk.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

After a few days playing these to death I'm still lovin' them. The early pre Boy stuff sounds so organic, wonderfully bassy compared with the vinyl I played to death back then. Bono sounds rather peculiar , with lots of extended vowels as he apes the U.K. accented sounds that were then his primary reference point. October is as precious and twee as it always has been with the best stuff being the live tracks on the bonus disc. War's 80s drum sound works surprisingly well , this new mix giving a real depth to the driving beat. The new 'Ferry Corsten' mixes on the bonus disc are awful , dull and inventive compared with accompanying 12" mixes from the time.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=f ... SeptUpdate

LIVE AT RED ROCKS AND UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY

Recorded at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado on 5th June 1983, Live at Red Rocks will be available for the first time on DVD at the end of this month, and will include 5 previously unreleased songs, a director’s commentary, digitally re-graded pictures and a 5.1 mix.

The remastered Under a Blood Red Sky album was originally released in November 1983, and consists of live recordings from three shows on the band’s War Tour through Europe and America.

A deluxe version featuring the Under a Blood Red Sky CD and the Live At Red Rocks DVD will be available, as well as single disc formats of the CD and DVD. An LP version of Under a Blood Red Sky pressed on 180gm virgin vinyl will also be released.

Here's the full tracklisting:
UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY

Gloria / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / Party Girl / Sunday Bloody Sunday / The Electric Co. / New Year’s Day / “40”

LIVE AT RED ROCKS

Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart / Surrender / Two Hearts Beat As One / Seconds / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Cry/The Electric Co.
/ October / New Year’s Day / I Threw A Brick Through A Window / A Day Without Me / Gloria / Party Girl / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / “40”

Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008 in the UK and 30th September in the US.

U.K.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Under-Blood-Red ... 496&sr=1-3

U.S.

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Blood-Red-S ... 535&sr=8-5
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I just got tickets for U2's show in Nice, France on July 15th. It's a Wednesday so 4, maybe 5 of us are travelling out on the Monday, using a friends apartment and generally intend having a blast for a few days on the , hopefully, sunny Riviera.