The Proclaimers new album

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

The Proclaimers new album

Post by Gillibeanz »

As a few of you have said you are Proclaimers fans on here I thought you might like to hear the tracks from their new album 'Born Innocent'. :D

Sounds like a pretty good album, and so far 'You meant it then' is my fav.

http://www.proclaimers.co.uk/
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It's ok... more like a 'songs in the style of' album than what they usually deliver, the title tracks good and 'blood on your hands' is good.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

CROW: Is it you who is going to see them live this month? I know someone on the board is but cant remember who....think it might be Lacklustre if not you.

Would be very interested to know if the gig is good. I tried to get my partner to go but im already dragging him along to see Elvis on sat. and thats as far as hes prepared to compromise!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Naa not me..they sold out their gigs up here instantly anyway.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Gilli - Yes it's me who's going to see them on 21/10 at Salisbury. I have the new album and think that it is pretty good, I prefer it to 'Persevere' although it is not quite in the Sunshine On Leith class. My favourite tracks off the album are Born Innocent, Blood On Your Hands, He's just like me, Role model, and Dear Dierdre (yes, a tribute to the agony aunt!). The lyrics are top notch and the production by Edwyn Collins is excellent.

Have a spate of activity coming up what with EC this saturday and The Proclaimers & Dexys later this month. I also have a weekend in Barcelona for my brother's 'stag weekend', his wedding on Nov1 and then I have tickets to see Beautiful South in Nov and Weller in Dec.
signed with love and vicious kisses
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Nice one SL...I want to go and see the Beautiful South in Glasgow, but noone will go with me :(
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

crow, if you don't go see Beautiful South (by yourself if necessary), i will come over there and KICK you.

GO!!!!! please? for me?

i'd come with you if i could, but i ain't got the time or airfare to come over. well, except to kick you if you don't go. :)
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

I went out last night and got absolutely smashed, and in doing so found that a lot of my new colleagues are pretty cool. So maybe one of them will come...

what are the rules about going to a gig on your own? It's like going to the cinema alone, it feels weird.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Went to the Proclaimers gig last night and it was well worth while. The boys were on good form although the audience was a bit lacking in atmosphere and quite a few obviously hadn't bothered to get the new album as most of them were not well received. The other slightly disappointing thing was that they only played for 75 mins including encore (I think I've been spoiled by EC!). Having said all that it was great to see them live and the atmosphere warmed up towards the end. The highlights for me were Sean, Sunshine On Leith, Hate My Love and Throw The 'R' Away from the main set and then the encore of Born Innocent, Then I Met You, and Joyful Kilmarnock Blues.

I have been plying the new album a lot leading up to the concert and have come to really like it and would recommend it to anyone.

SoL
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

LACKLUSTRE: Thanks for the review - I wish I could have been there! Id love to hear 'Sunshine on Leith' live! they didnt do 'Letter from America'? :shock:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Elfslut

Post by Elfslut »

Oh..I really loved Sunshine on a Leith...I'll have to pick up this one..I have a bootleg concert of theirs...if I recall it was pretty darn good too.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

While my car CD player was broken, I was listening to a Sunshine On Leith tape that some radio DJ gave me for free when it first came out, and honestly couldn't get through it without wanting to bash my head against a wall. I dunno if they've changed at all since then, but that album kind of irks me.

Of course, that's just my opinion :D
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I think I'd have to take my sleeping bag with me if I went to a Beautiful South gig, but it's a shame I'm missing Dexy's next week. Would love to see them once again. Can't decide whether to see Elv in Birmingham, but maybe I need to save the pennies, and it might not live up to London with the Brodskys and all. And I'm just focussing on Nov 26 and Bowie at Wembley. He varies his setlists even more than EC, to the point where on Tuesday in Paris (attended by a Bowie fanatic French colleague of mine, ain't that cool?), he only played two songs off Reality, and then played 5 songs for the first time on this tour (inc. All The Young Dudes and a few off Low, coooool). Apparently he abandoned breaking Glass after a minute, and restarted it at a faster pace. Still no sign of Win, but they're obviously keeping it in reserve for me.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Gilli - Yes they did play Letter From America about halfway through, which kind of got the crowd going but I thought it was slightly flat, they also did I'm Gonna Be (500 miles) which really woke the seats up. By the way, I felt as though I was one of the youngest there, and I'm 40!!

Blue - I think you would probably like their new album better, it rocks and also contains folky and country tracks and is produced by Edwyn Collins.

Otis - The reviews of Dexy's early gigs have been quite good, and I am looking forward to seeing them this Sunday.

Just found out that Billy Bragg is doing a solo tour next March and I will be getting tickets for that asap.