Wild Things

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Misha

Wild Things

Post by Misha »

For all of you that somehow escaped not knowing, Roy of Siegfried and Roy was taken off stage by one of his cats....he is in the hospital in critical condition. Staff was let go, told to go find other jobs, that this one was off indefinetly. Penn standing outside gave soundbite something about it being in the doctor's hands now...

Roy did manage to communicate before he went that they shouldn't kill the cat.

Apparently cat grabbed him around the neck and took him off......

Nothing about a vicious attack so far, just ended up being bad, because cat is huge...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Cnn.com states that he can move hands and feet, gave thumbs up.

Cat tried to go offstage, Roy tried to get him back, cat bit arm, then went to neck, Roy hitting it on nose with mic. Backstage crew sprayed it with fire extinguisher, cat in jail--cat jail anyway at hotel--until they know what happens to Roy.

Roy also had stroke during or after accident.

Put cat somewhere comfortable, he's hung up his show business hat...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I guess that happens once in awhile when you exploit wild animals in order to make money.........good for that Tiger!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

I have absolutely no sympathy for bullfighters who get hurt. The whole thing is a pathetic disgrace. At least circus animals are not ritualistically killed by glorified posers.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Although this is horrible news it's all so unnecessary. Tigers are not meant to do tricks or perform - end of chat. Why people think seeing such a magnificent animal belittled in this way is entertainment is beyond me. I wont go to a circus. Even if the animals are not ill treated the conditions they have to live in are appalling - kept in small containers and dragged around the country - having to 'perform' 3 times a day the same boring shite over and over for years on end...... :(

Bamboo im with you on bullfighting - the matador deserves everthing he gets and more. Can you believe the man gets paid to torture and kill an animal and then they have the nerve to call it sport???. I cant believe they put it on sky tv over here as entertainment!!!! :roll:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
stormwarning

Post by stormwarning »

The nice thing about bullfighting is that, once in a blue moon, the bull gets to hit back. I wish we could see this happen in all blood sports. I wish for example, I could see a fox doubling back to leap and rip out the throat of the huntsmaster. Sadly it won't happen.
Where's North from 'ere?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

I must admit I like the justice of a hamster savagely biting Richard Gere.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Serves him right...I went to Vegas and had a look at their 'zoo'...what a joke! The shows apparently crap too (not that Id give them my money...this kind of 'entertainment' should be banned, it's akin to dancing bears.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hamster and Gere show? Fill me in on this guys I havent heard of any of it?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
A rope leash

It happens.

Post by A rope leash »

Gilli -

From what I've heard, a hamster ran up Richard Gere's ass one day. I have no idea how something like this happens, but CopeFan might.

Yours truly,

A rope leash
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Did anyone hear about that guy who had a hamster up his arse for 'kicks' and his partner lit a match near the offending hole....needless to say both the hamster and hole were not fully operational after.

Armageddon.
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Copenhagen Fan wrote:I guess that happens once in awhile when you exploit wild animals in order to make money.........good for that Tiger!
Yes, Tigers have God-given rights to maul tiger-exploiters.

Mauling is cool.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

The Richard Gere thing is a very old urban legend, and it's just not true. It's like Mikey from Life Cereal eating Pop ROcks and having his stomach explode. Never happened.

Go to http://www.snopes.com and do a search for Richard Gere. There are a lot of persistent rumors and urban legends that are debunked on that site.

Here's the link:

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/gerbil.htm
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare