Spinning Songbook added to most June and July shows

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

Spinning Songbook added to most June and July shows

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.elviscostello.com/news/elvis ... -dates/148

Elvis Costello's Spectacular Spinning Songbook Rolls On Into June And July Dates

Following boffo business at the box office, popular demand and press acclaim, Elvis Costello and the Imposters announced today that they will be bringing the Spectacular Spinning Songbook to most of their dates during June and July.

6/15 Wolf Trap-Vienna, VA

6/16 Trib Total Media Amphitheatre-Pittsburgh, PA

6/17 Kodak Hall-Rochester, NY

6/19 LC Pavilion-Columbus, OH

6/20 Royal Oak Theatre-Detroit, MI

6/21 Kresge Auditorium-Interlochen, MI

6/23 Sony Centre-Toronto, ON

6/29 State Theatre-Minneapolis, MN

6/30 Crossroads-Kansas City, MO

7/1 The Pageant-St. Louis, MO

7/16 Belk Theater-Charlotte, NC

7/18 N. Charleston PAC-N. Charleston, SC

7/19 Wolfe Auditorium-Asheville, NC

7/22 Borgata-Atlantic City, NJ

7/24 Westhampton Beach PAC-Westhampton Beach, NY

7/26 Count Basie Theatre-Red Bank, NJ

7/28 State Theatre-Portland, ME

"The Revolver Tour" crossed the United States from Reno to New York City during May, concluding with a sold out three-night stand at that the Beacon Theatre.

As Rolling Stone reported, the evening combines the "kitsch of a game show and lounge act: a bar, a go-go cage with dancer and an Austin Powers-style hostess-dollybird; his own eye-popping selection of fedoras and sport jackets. When he wasn't singing or slamming at his guitars, Costello worked the stage like a burlesque-club emcee, cracking wise at a mile a minute and spinning a dandy's walking stick.”

Despite the carnival elements of the show, The New York Times opined: "There is, in the end, no way to keep Mr. Costello's songs in any shallow entertainment mode...It didn't feel like show business at all. Maybe that was the real proof of Mr. Costello's showmanship."

While the Los Angeles Times called “"The Revolver Tour", A uniquely invigorating experience that warrants a buzzword all its own: inspiring."

The only exceptions to this announcement of further "Revolver" dates are the festival and concert appearances at;

6/24 Ottawa Jazz Fest-Ottawa, ON

6/25 Buffalo Rocks the Place-Buffalo, NY

6/27 Meijer Gardens-Grand Rapids, MI

during the month of June

7/20 Innsbrook Pavilion-Richmond, VA

7/23 Gathering of the Vibes-Bridgeport, CT

7/27 Cape Cod Melody Tent-Hyannis, MA

7/30 Osheaga Festival-Montreal, QC

7/31 Newport Folk Festival-Newport, RI

during the month of July

At the multiple act festival dates it would be impossible to construct and install the Wheel on-stage in the time allowed, while in a few other instances safety or production issues have prevented the Wheel from being part of the presentation.

These "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" dates will be free-programmed shows, as Elvis Costello and the Imposters choose from their newly expanded repertoire of favourites, hits of the future and surprising covers.

As for the rest of the summer shows, the Philadelphia Inquirer could not have put it better when they wrote, "The Best Costello show I've seen in an eon. Let's hope it doesn't take 26 years for him to give the Wheel another spin."

It seems it didn't ...
FAVEHOUR

Re: Spinning Songbook added to most June and July shows

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Well, looks like I was wrong about the summer shows not including the Wheel!

I wonder if this was planned all along?

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

WHAT THE F&*$!!! and STILL no rescheduling of the WELLMONT date. tomorrow makes THREE WEEKS and i'm finding this rather RUDE!!!!
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

bronxapostle wrote:WHAT THE F&*$!!! and STILL no rescheduling of the WELLMONT date. tomorrow makes THREE WEEKS and i'm finding this rather RUDE!!!!
Yeah. What's up with that? I'll take a wheel-less show (I think I'd actually prefer it).
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

That wheel is getting a workout. Nice. Too bad there are no June/July shows west of the Rockies. I would consider going.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

docinwestchester wrote:
bronxapostle wrote:WHAT THE F&*$!!! and STILL no rescheduling of the WELLMONT date. tomorrow makes THREE WEEKS and i'm finding this rather RUDE!!!!
Yeah. What's up with that? I'll take a wheel-less show (I think I'd actually prefer it).
the fookin ticket for MAY 18th wellmont says REVOLVER and it should be rescheduled as such whether or not there was gonna be another wheel show throughout the summer or NOT. i think he should prioritize the reschedule of this date ASAP!!! i wanna plan accordingly with those two other NJ dates to work with at Red Bank and Atlantic City. AND, if planning to add another NYC date, please...do NOT go back to that pit: CENTRAL PARK SUMMERSTAGE!
Poor Deportee

Post by Poor Deportee »

Fer chirssakes, not Vancouver?? Elvis, man, cheesy gigs at Vancouver Canucks home games DO NOT CUT IT. GIVE THE HOMETOWN CROWD SOME RED MEAT, DAMMIT!!!!
When man has destroyed what he thinks he owns
I hope no living thing cries over his bones
queenofthefleapit

Post by queenofthefleapit »

I, for one, am THRILLED! I'll be attending the Vienna and Asheville shows...maybe Charlotte, too. :D