Jesse Winchester - send a prayer.

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
migdd

Jesse Winchester - send a prayer.

Post by migdd »

Just read that Jesse Winchester has been diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Sending prayers his way.

http://www.jessewinchester.com/index.html
Jack of All Parades

Re: Jesse Winchester - send a prayer.

Post by Jack of All Parades »

That is news I least wanted to hear. Jesse was an early and consistent musical hero for me. His first albums have had a pride of place in my collection for many decades. He has my sincerest wishes for a full, complete recovery. That makes two heroes fighting this evil disease.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Whoops...
Last edited by Otis Westinghouse on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Otis Westinghouse

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
I confess I only know this song by Jesse, but it's a mind-blower. Cancder of the oesaphagus is what finished my mate and bandmate off a few years back, and I hope Jesse fares better.
Jack of All Parades

Otis- if Spotify allows you to create a Jesse channel would recommend doing so. He is a real wordsmith with an effecting voice and strong mastery of melody. His eponymous first album is a keeper[as I will attest as it has been in my collection since the year it came out]. It was also an album that had some considerable influence on EC's early musical education. If you can find his albums, I recommend them highly.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Otis Westinghouse

Thanks, Chris. Yes, I've checked out stuff of his on there. I think a fair amount is. Great voice and songs.
Jack of All Parades

He appears to be winning his battle. Good NEWS!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... -free.html
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
Otis Westinghouse wrote:
I confess I only know this song by Jesse, but it's a mind-blower. Cancder of the oesaphagus is what finished my mate and bandmate off a few years back, and I hope Jesse fares better.

Funny enough I just watched this episode last Saturday and fell in love with this song. I had only heard of him via Kojak Variety.

I will also check him out on spotify.