Elvis recording with Jenny Lewis?

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis recording with Jenny Lewis?

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.musicboxpress.com/?p=62

February 5th, 2008

After selling more records on her own then with her band, Jenny Lewis just finished at least one month of recording. Jenny Lewis is said to be singing a cover by Elvis Costello, in which he guest sings on as well. Her band Rilo Kiley just got off the road supporting their new album “Under The Blacklight.”

see also

http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB2 ... 43#p113043
invisible Pole

Re: Elvis recording with Jenny Lewis?

Post by invisible Pole »

Thanks for the news, john.
I'm looking forward to hear the result.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/02/ ... s-tak.html

Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis recording new solo album

Feb 6, 2008, 08:37 AM | by Shirley Halperin

Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis has sidelined her band obligations for a minute to work on another solo album. For the past few weeks, Lewis and a team of Los Angeles cohorts, including singer-songwriter-boyfriend Johnathan Rice, Interpol touring player "Farmer Dave" Scher, and Rilo producer Jason Larder, have been logging full days at Sound City studios in the San Fernando Valley, where Tom Petty's Damn the Torpedoes and Nirvana's Nevermind were recorded. The all-analog sessions also saw several famous friends drop by to lend a hand with guest vocals, among them Zooey Deschanel, the Black Crowes' Chris Robinson, M. Ward, and Elvis Costello, who duets with Lewis on one track. A source who's heard the record says, "It all sounds super natural, nice, and simple. Like it doesn't belong in any decade. It's just timeless." Lewis' last non-band outing, 2006's Rabbit Fur Coat, featuring the Watson Twins, was released on Conor Oberst's New York-based label, Team Love, but it's unclear whether this new album will stay indie or land at Warner Bros., to whom Rilo Kiley is signed. Several executives at the company are said to have heard it and been very impressed.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

http://harpmagazine.com/news/detail.cfm?article=12247

Jenny Lewis Working on New Album; Bloggers Wetting Themselves

Fred Mills
February 8, 2008

The Internet's all abuzz over word tha Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis has been in an L.A. studio recently working on the followup to her 2006 solo album Rabbit Fur Coat. Reports tell us that her squeeze Johnathan Rice has been pitching in along with Jason Lader (who co-produced Rilo's Under the Blacklight) and Beachwood Sparks' Dave Scher.

How abuzz, you ask? So abuzz that when reports of high-profile guests (Chris Robinson, M. Ward, Zooey Deschanel, Elvis Costello) also leaked out, websites were informed by Lewis' handlers that this information wasn't necessarily true. But the rumors continue to circulate. Sometimes it seems like this big, bad ol' world of connectivity we live in isn't really all that different from that childhood game where you'd whisper something in one kid's ear and let the secret get passed down the line to see what form it would take by the time it got to the last kid....
arcadecline

Post by arcadecline »

I really hope they do something new, fresh and up beat. I hope it's not a slower song or a cover of one of Costello's songs.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Elvis himself confirms recording with Jenny Lewis :

Taken from Elvis' blog (!) on http://www.elviscostello.com.

"This record [Momofuku] actually came about because of an invitation I received from Jenny Lewis to sing on her upcoming record. Davey Faragher had been playing bass on some of the sessions, so it didn't seem like too much of a stretch to call Pete Thomas to complete the Imposters' rhythm section.

It was Jenny's idea for Pete play alongside his daughter, Tennessee, who plays drums in The Like and the line-up was completed by Ms. Lewis' beau, Johnathan Rice on guitar and vocals and their pal, "Farmer" Dave Scher on pedal steel and vocals with Jason Lader manning the controls.

So, I went down to Los Angeles for the day and we cut a couple of versions of a song Rice had written for Jenny's record plus two songs of mine, one of which I wrote on the eve of the session. Some rock and roll music is better if you don't think too hard on it."
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed