backstreets says RADIO SILENCE too???

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

backstreets says RADIO SILENCE too???

Post by bronxapostle »

Setlist:
Point Blank (Costello & The Imposters)
Like Rain (Lofgren & The Imposters)
She's the One (Costello & The Imposters)
Wild Billy's Circus Story (Springsteen, Lofgren, Bittan)
American Skin (41 Shots) (Springsteen)
Galveston Bay (Springsteen, Bittan)
Pretty Woman [Aborted] (Springsteen, Costello)
I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down (Springsteen, Costello, The Imposters)
Black Ladder (Costello, Springsteen, Lofgren)
Brilliant Disguise (Costello, Springsteen)
The Rising (Springsteen, Costello, Lofgren, Bittan, The Imposters)
Seeds (Springsteen, Costello, Lofgren, Bittan, The Imposters)
Radio Silence/Radio Nowhere/Radio Radio (Springsteen, Costello, Lofgren, Bittan, The Imposters)

did it go this way???
Bitchardo's Buddy

Re: backstreets says RADIO SILENCE too???

Post by Bitchardo's Buddy »

Sup dudes,
EC was doing a whole speech before they went into Radio Nowhere/Radio Radio. He really didn't sing it per se, it was more of a mention if anything else. It was a killer night. I was in the 3rd row. I can't believe none of those bruce-heads didn't record anything. They tape the guy going to the bathroom and they drop the ball on this!

Point Blank was incredible. One of the best things I have ever seen in concert by anyone. Great song, however, well done with distortion. My feeling was that the Bruce fans didn't either seem impressed by EC singing it or maybe that is how the diehards are in concert.

***SIDE NOTE***Bruce is great. He is awesome to see in concert, but to sit in any crowd with all the "posers" who love his hits and scream at the top of their lungs during Hungry Heart is lame (ie. Giant's Stadium).

At the taping, they told everyone to shut their phones off, however, I heard a guy's phone go off twice and the guy next at me was staring at his the whole night.

The band was incredible. Those 3 guys sounded better than the entire E Street Band. They were tight and I think made Springsteen get into more.

Others worth a mention..."I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down" was really awesome; "Seeds" (I don't even like it, but the band sounding crazy awesome); "The Rising" and "Radio Nowhere/Radio Radio" were really good. Again, a little played out, but they found a way to make it come across as if it was the first time you heard them.

But...Point Blank was absolutely incredible. I hope it makes it onto the DVD. We've all heard EC going into songs you haven't heard ever or in years and this was kind of the way it was. For me, it was like hearing "Man Out of Time" or "Riot Act" for the first time.

Cheers!
migdd

Re: backstreets says RADIO SILENCE too???

Post by migdd »

Welcome, bb, and thanks for the account. Sounds like a great night!!